to all of the anti axis of evil sooth sayers

Scott_J

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My greatest fear realized: Sexual Chocolate has become the liberal embodiment of MtnGoat!!! cantfocus.gif

Dude, it all comes down to what you believe the Constitution put into place for the role of a Federal Government and what SHOULD BE under the auspices of the States.

You are correct in your assessment of the current tax structure, it is unfair. You are correct that we are all in "this thing called life" together; however, we can coexist successfully through mutual recognition and respect of personal property rights and freedoms without laying unequal burden on certain citizens just because they are successful. Just because we are neighbors in this society does not mean that you are entitled to any of the fruits of my labor.

Your view of government, as taken from your own words on what government should do, is more like "government financed by some people, for the benefit of some other people..."

I do help my family when it is need. My new mother-in-law will be receiving an ample gift of beef very soon; she isn't in a stellar economic strata and I can help. That is what I mean. If my parents lived nearby and they were in need, I would do the same. My uncle does the same for his parents. I also feed JayB when he climbs with me cool.gif; I would love to feed more climbers next summer. Why? Because I CHOOSE to; I am not being coerced to do so.

For the record, I never called anyone a lazy welfare mom.

Greg W.:

Just because we are neighbors in this society does not mean that you are entitled to any of the fruits of my labor

And there is the crux of this arguement. Some believe as you do in the idea of you only get something if yu are able to get it for yurself, and others believe in helping the neighbour.

It seems that both sides are so deeply entrenched in their beliefs that there will never be a resolution.

Really what I value is that there can be both sides, and that we can both get on with our own lives in the way we want to. When government starts to impinge on that, well pitty.gif.

I like universal health care. It is nice to know that if for some reason I lose my job and hurt myself out on some climbing trip, that I am not going to go broke paying for it. I make the choice that the taxws are worth it.

I don't like taxes in general, althoughg I certainly enjoy the benefits from them.

There are many cases where it has been shown that the government can do a more effecient job of administering services. The water boards in the UK are a good example.

Wasn't this thread about something else entirely at the beginning? confused.gif

Why hasn't anyone responded to:

Originally posted by snoboy:

So the US (oops I mean Spain) stopped a ship full of bombs, and then they had to let it go. And then they said,

" Under the U.S. sanctions, Changgwang Sinyong Corp. will be barred for two years from obtaining new individual export licenses through the Commerce or State departments for any controlled missile technology items.

The sanctions have little practical effect, one official said, because there is so little commerce between the United States and North Korea. But the official said they reinforce President Bush’s message that North Korea spreads dangerous technology."

Way to go, it sounds like they are really effective. evils3d.gif

Not strong language, but I think it carries weight in diplomatic circles.

Or makes people laugh at you.

Seriously, read between the lines. That article is such a load of horse poop propoganda.

Think for yourselves, that's what your fighting for isn't it? The right to think?

OK I'm going to duck and cover now... wink.gif

[just minor grammar edits]

Edited by snoboy

Hey, fuck you dipshit. That is actually what I think of it. I've had the pleasure of knowing several individuals who worked in diplomatic positions for our country and that's what kind of shit (among other stuff) that happens. And I did spend several minutes thinking on it, so fuck off you tool. You wanna start shit? Let's go, byotch. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

I just think it's lame to report (read boast) about something that you didn't even manage to finish. Imean really, what is the story there. It's like getiing caught for having a toke in your pocket, and then the cops say, "We aren't going to bust you this time because the judge won't even do anything about it."

I'm not for bombing there asses. I think that it is probably good that the ship was uncovered, and that more people know about what's going on.

Muffy, when I think of you... I long to lie away the blissful hours in a regal Marquee tent filled with soft candle light. On a bed of rope made taut and layered in quilts of down let your heart and soul be enflamed with passion, and the journey to the awakening day will know no discomfort. A small table with wine, cheese and fruit, and a glowing, golden embered fire alit beneath a dark sky of stars will enchant.... bigdrink.gif

Brak: When I was little I used to go to the zoo and see this gorilla named Butch. All he did all day long was flick big boogers at the people who were watching him. I used to say to myself, "What a life!" I think that's when I decided to go into show business.

Zorak: Now how did you know the gorilla's name was Butch?

Brak: There was this sign on the cage that said "Hello, my name is Butch. Please don't feed me and watch out for flyin' boogers."

Zorak: Brak...

Brak: What?

Zorak: You're an idiot!

Brak: Well what if I am!