to all of the anti axis of evil sooth sayers

Scott_J

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Suburbans are heading your way.
don't sweat it they're stuck in traffic with all the other idiots driving those around as commutermobiles in this rain. Saw one over the guardrails at Timberline awhile back. "Like a Rock" takes on a whole new meaning.

What i mean is the if something major were realy to happen, like some one viloently trying to take over the US or something like that, that you better hope and pray that there are men like Adamson, Cavey, Trask GregW and even Ryland more to do the killin' cuase us hippy folks don't have or know how to shoot guns and demonstrating would only get us killed. When it comes down to it we are all Americans... weather we agree on every concept or not. wink.gif

Well that's my whole point, Muffy. I don't think it would happen violently. I think it would happen softly, quietly, slowly, without most people even seeing it happen. Most people would be thinking that IT was happening FOR OUR OWN GOOD! Damnit, most people would give up almost all liberty, if they were promised security in return, and the irony is that they'd be singing the Freedom Song (we do this for freedom!) all the way!

Most things don't happen in cataclysmic proportions; most things just happen, kinda quietly....

So the US (oops I mean Spain) stopped a ship full of bombs, and then they had to let it go. And then they said,

" Under the U.S. sanctions, Changgwang Sinyong Corp. will be barred for two years from obtaining new individual export licenses through the Commerce or State departments for any controlled missile technology items.

The sanctions have little practical effect, one official said, because there is so little commerce between the United States and North Korea. But the official said they reinforce President Bush’s message that North Korea spreads dangerous technology."

Way to go, it sounds like they are really effective.

evils3d.gif

agreed, and when our more conservative brethren have had enough then some serious ass kicking will ensue. there is no convincing them to move more quickly than they are willing to, But thease men are good Americans. I trust that if it comes to our core rights (like someone telling them they can't have a gun) they will rise up and knock the shit out of the apropriete people wink.gif it is not republican against democrat... the fight will be the people vs. who ever thought they were going to take over.

I will wait and watch wink.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

I think it would happen softly, quietly, slowly, without most people even seeing it happen. Most people would be thinking that IT was happening FOR OUR OWN GOOD! Damnit, most people would give up almost all liberty, if they were promised security in return, and the irony is that they'd be singing the Freedom Song (we do this for freedom!) all the way!

Don't you see that this is happening already? Gun control, speech control, "speech codes" at major universities, the inculcation of our children that government is the answer, constant reinforcement that taking government handouts is a good thing, and on, and on, and on...Our freedoms are being constantly eroded by ALL in government in the name of being "nice", "helping out", and outright desire for "social control." What do you think universal healthcare is, but another way to restrict freedom and control the populace. More taxes equals less freedom.

Back to Ryland's comments on George W., I'm not completely happy with the job he's doing, but then, we have differing political views. He was the best candidate in the field (IMO), especially in light of 9/11, Afghanistan, and Saddam.

Greg W

GW (Greg W),

Don't you find it ironic that it's a Republican Administration that is making government bigger (Dept of Homeland Secuity) and taking away our civil liberties (holding of prisoners w/o due process)?

Where is all the Republican outrage at the Office of the Vice President denying the GAO access to public information and a Bush appointed Fed. Judge upholding this secrecy? We as a people demand transparency in government and those in public office must be held accountable!

Once again, partisan politics have nothing to do with true ideology. Republicans need to open their eyes and see exactly what they are supporting!

Another exciting principle which Gurdjieff brings forth is the Law of Seven or, as he calls it, Heptaparaparshinokh, to which he devotes a whole chapter. If one can in any way sum up the intricate logic of this law, it is that all events proceed in seven steps or "deflections," each step having specific attributes and properties which determine the progress of every activity. Gurdjieff links this law and its progressions rather intimately with the stages of a man's development.

rockband.gif

I do see it as happening, but what's funny is that what one sees as the encroachment on our liberty depends on the side of the fence one is sitting.

I see universal healthcare as a boon to personal liberty. Do you know the stresses encountered by the uninsured? Such stress does not create liberty; just the opposite.

"...the inculcation of our children that government is the answer...".

What are you referring to here?

"...constant reinforcement that taking government handouts is a good thing..."

And here?

"...and on, and on, and on..."

And here?

I see as much more evil the ability to detain individuals indefinitely, under the guise of "national security", without legal representation, than any of the things you mentioned (The US citizen Padilla was finally granted representation, as the Gov squealed).

And some of you have made the argument that if you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Where do you draw the line? Hey, I'd say a GPS implant at birth would be the grandest scheme in keeping our country safe. I'm sure we could convince the US population of this. I mean, come on. If you haven't done anything wrong, you got nothing to worry about, right? (Remember, during the height of the silly "drug war", over 50% of those polled were in favor of some sort of mandatory drug testing for ALL americans. The people are so smart!.)

I cannot speak on the fine points of the Dept. of Homeland Security, so I will not respond. I will say, however, that if layers of management and bureaucracy can be eliminated and processes streamlined (as happens in the private sector on a daily basis), I can see some benefit. I will reserve judgement until I can read more. As far as prisoners being held w/o "due process", I believe that ALL law enforcement agencies have 24 hours, or something like it, to bring charges. That has been the law of the land for quite awhile. Non-citizens do not enjoy this right and are thus excluded from this protection.

As you read, I said that "ALL in government" are actively involved in increasing the size of government. The Strom Thurmonds, Ted Kennedys, etc. have become used to the elixir of power and will not reliquish it.

Your question on "public information" and Dick Cheney is puzzling. I do know that just because minutes were taken in a meeting doesn't make them "public information". Also, your comment about "transparency in government" is puzzling in that there is no law on the books that requires this. Even the FOIA is restricted by National Security concerns, and I think that this is valid.

Greg W

Universal healthcare a boon to liberty? Is that true of those that are being taxed to death to pay for it? You can't tell me that a program run by the government is going to do anyone any good or be cost-effective. Give the people a tit to suck on and you will have complete control. The more the government controls of the daily lives of its citizens, the more control it will have over how people vote.

State-run schools - This is how the USSR indoctrinated generation after generation of good party members. What does human rights and the United Nations have to do with teaching kids math? These things are in math books. Teaching kids values and self-esteem and other bullshit is not what schools are for. Stick to the three 'R's and stop asking Suzy if her daddy has guns.

Why are there advertisements encouraging people to come and sign up for food stamps? Why should we be encouraging this? Shouldn't we be saying get a job and support your family? I understand that families fall on hard times and there are programs to help, but we shouldn't be out beating the brush signing people up. They are doing this to protect their budget line item in Congress. Apparently the number of families on the dole are going down, but these bureaucracies are trying to protect their little kingdoms.

Gun control, Campaign Finance Reform (abridgement of the 1st Amendment), National ID cards, invasive questions during Census polls, and I can't think of any more right now but there are some...