to all of the anti axis of evil sooth sayers

Scott_J

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh really? There are OTHER countries moving short-range weapons around? What a f'ing shocker. Thank god the axis-of-evil chestbeating was able to clue us in on this. I don't think we ever would have found this out otherwise if we hadn't verbally threatened those guys. We're the ones talk-talk-talking by saying that crap at a state of the union address. Of course they are always a threat, but we had to resort to this 7th grade crap. Give me a break.

We're projecting our stated interest in the region by preventing the intrusion of weapons into an area that may be used against soldiers, marines or airmen (American and our Allies) and you are saying you may have an issue with us doing that? Or that politically we are chestbeating? I just call it smart intelligence and correct military action. Get out from behind the PC dude.

For the final time I am saying yes, great, these missiles were neutralized. The "axis-of-evil" chestbeating had nothing to do with it. Bush might as well get on the podium and say France and Britain are a bunch of pussies too. Do you see where I'm going here?

Greg I don't have the patience or energy to deal with your drum-thumping bullshit today and it's obviously pointless to say anything at this point, since you'll once again bring your warped chainlink fence view of the world into play again. I'm out of this one.

Greg, no one can reason with the PC Pacific NW Coasters. They want to get along with the whole world(and that would be great), even if it meant they would hide their women behind walking tents and face east 5 times a day to pacify anyone that threatened them. The last request by the al-Qaida was requesting the US to convert to Islam and something else that my poor old mind has forgotten. Anyway, the point being, I would bet there are people in the US that would relent and say lets give in and meet some of their requests just to be PC.

Really? Why didn't the previous administration do shit about terrorism in that region when they had the intel? 'Cause they believe in the hand-wringing appeasing Chamberlain-esque style of diplomacy.

Yeah those previous administrations like the Regan admin. The Regan administration turned their tales and ran when all those marines got killed in Beruit. Regan sure sent a message to those terrorists, bomb us and we'll go run and hide. And what about buying off Iran with weapons in exchange for hostages. That sure sent a great message to terrorists.

You righty guys are funny.

Question: do you guys think the U.S. sells weapons to countries with possible ties to organizations involved in terrorism?

Second question: if we are contemplating a war in some part of the world, do we have a right to intercept weapons shipments in the region? Perhaps Yemen agreed not to purchase weapons from N. Korea, but what if they hadn't made any such agreement? Are we expecting to be at war with every nation in the area?

I'm not against seizing weapons that are being shipped illegally (if they were), but what are we actually doing about weapons proliferation if you look beyond this incident and review our history and our foreign policy?

Well, I still find myself in the middle, but love how the US intelligence is taking all the credit when really it was the Spanish Navy that discovered all this, with the US piggy-backing by saying, "Yeah, we were tracking them from N. Korea, but were going to stop them before Yemeni territory. Who knows where the SCUDS were going and for what purpose? Hopefully up Bush's ass!!!! I bet if we would just rid ourselves of him, then things would work out in other faccets. We need a gun-lovin' , recreationist, who likes to distribute wealth (to some extent). Think we can bring back Teddy R. from the grave? On a side note, here is a true article that you (guys) may enjoy