[TR] Snow Creek Wall - Outer Space - Cam Left Behind 4/27/2013

gusthedog

Trip: Snow Creek Wall - Outer Space - Cam Left Behind

Date: 4/27/2013

Trip Report:

Climbed Outer Space with a new partner who couldn't get my red metolius #4 fat cam outta the crux pitch (need those fat cams on granite . . .) She feels bad about it and asked that I post in hope it gets returned. We were the last party up the route Saturday. If ya got it and want to meet in Seattle I'll trade you good karma and a six pack of your favorite beer.

Route was as expected. I pulled 7 ticks off my clothes throughout the day. Little monsters.

Gear Notes:

Put it in when you feel it would be prudent.

Approach Notes:

Go up the trail. Then up the route.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple friends climbed it yesterday. Sounds like there is a red C4 welded on that pitch, now. Your piece wasn't there, [un]fortunately.

That C4 will come out easily if someone takes a little can of Wd-40 up there. There's plenty of cam space left to extract it. As for other pieces, there's only a mangled 1st gen. .75 camalot fixed in the headwall crack these days. Not too bad for the traffic O/S gets.

Sound like your partner owes you a bj.

After five minutes of laughing I agree but it was probably going to happen anyway.

By the time you drive to a climb in a car that probably cost $2k if you are cheap or $15K if you are sort of rich and I would continue but those folks don't climb. And have spent at least $500 for a rack and $200 for a rope.

Climbing costs money. Allways has and allways will.

Last thought. Let her lead. I am a believer in gender equality. Then you are responsible for extraction and perhaps you have to do the bj (pun intended)

Edited by matt_warfield