Superfeet in double leather boots

Radiohead2050

I just got a pair of LS Baruntses and am thinking about swaping out the footbeds for superfeet for better arch support. Ive seen some comments about baking the liners with the footbeds INSIDE the liners and wondered if this was the norm? My thought had been to put the liners inside the boots, followed by the liners. How do you all wear footbeds in double boots?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"My thought had been to put the liners inside the boots, followed by the liners. How do you all wear footbeds in double boots?"

you have "liners" in the sentence twice. which is which?

footbeds go inside of inner boot. not between outer and inner boot. Is this what you are asking about?

"comments about baking the liners with the footbeds INSIDE the liners"

as far as I know, there are no heat moldable superfeet. What do you mean by "baking"

I sometimes use both the original footbed and a superfeet because I have a low volume foot. So some boots are have too much inner height for me and I need to fill it up of sorts with that extra footbed.

"footbeds go inside of inner boot. not between outer and inner boot. Is this what you are asking about?"

Yes, that was my question.

"as far as I know, there are no heat moldable superfeet. What do you mean by "baking""

The Baruntses have a heat moldable inner boot, I wasn't sure if the Superfeet went inside. Still not sure I will put them in the oven together but at least the order is clear.

Thanks!

Bootfitter for the win. If you are in the Seattle area... go check out Sturtevant's. I went there and had my Baruntse's fitted and I've never looked back. The most comfortable boot I own. They will make you awesome custom footbeds. Take the socks and everything you'd normally wear. They will heat mold the liner and they will even do adjustments to the shell.

If you have a moldable footbed, you do not need a superfeet inside. never seen the baruntse so I don't know if the sole is moldable or just the sides and tops of the inner boot. interesting feature for a mtneering boot.

I don't think the superfeet were meant for going in a oven. maybe the best idea is to heat up the inner boot without superfeet but put it in when you take it out of the oven.

having a pro do the work is a smart idea too.

Edited by genepires

OK, let's clear up a couple things...

• The Baruntse stock liner IS heat-moldable (AKA "baking") and you will get the best fit and results if you do bake it
  • If you are planning on using an aftermarket footbed (and you should), then remove the stock footbed, insert your Superfeet, then insert both into the outerboot
  • Superfeet does make a specific model that is heat-moldable, however you will not harm a regular blue/green footbed by baking it

If you plan on baking your liner, I would STRONGLY recommend that you get it professionally done if you've never seen the process before. It's way too easy to screw up. You need toe caps and other specialty items.

Edited by Jon H