Alpine Ascents Used Gear Sales

CouleeClimber

Looking into double plastics for a mountaineering boot, currently use Lowa GTX Leathers, and saw that Alpine Ascents has used (Category 2) Boots for sale($99) A pair seems low, was wondering if anyone has ever purchased used boots from them and what type of condition I should expect them to be in.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For $99 you can expect the liners to be pretty hammered. Those boots have probably seen many laps on Rainier and Baker. The shells will likely still have plenty of life left. Find a set of appropriately sized shells, buy them, then go over to Feathered Friends and buy a pair of Intuition liners for them (free thermo-mold included with purchase). You'll then have a very lightweight, durable, warm, and inexpensive boot system for year-round use anywhere in the lower 48. If you ever want to do something higher, like Denali, throw on a pair of neoprene overboots and you're good to go.

I work at Alpine Ascents and we're selling used Asolo AFS Evoluzione Boots & Koflach Arctis EXPE boots for $50 a pop! I can tell that most of the Alsolo shells are in fantastic condition. I'm not so sure about the liners because I didn't take a close look, but I can update tomorrow on their condition after work. The Koflach shells look slightly more beat up, but still very useable. For $50 they're both a steal!

• 4 weeks later...