Boston explosions

kevbone

i'd like to hear ur opinion on how we can stop these sort of things from happening?

Probably you can't, but imagine how much more often it would happen of the NRA defended your right to anonymously sell bombs to strangers under freeway overpasses

Thankfully bombings are rare, and thankfully this one was way less lethal than it could have been. I'm with Ivan, I bet the bomber was one of our own crazies.

bombings might become less rare....

Edited by pink

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pray, but when I do, it's just a 'thanks', not a 'gimme'.

Not really sure what your '8 year old yuppy' point is, Pink, but then, you're probably not either. You don't seem to get much these days.

Bombing targets are sometimes deliberately chosen to make a statement. They can have meaning. Perhaps Boston was a carefully chosen demographic, perhaps the perps just wanted a big crowd, any crowd.

I do hope it was an American - I really don't want to watch us invade another shithole for another 10 years, and a yank would be easier to catch.

Regarding the perps race - well, that was telling, but not anything we didn't know already.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Sad and unfair? Yes. But I would rather have authorities investigate all possible suspects, even at the horrible risk of coming across as non-politically correct. Was it not Saudi nationals who perpetrated the 911 attacks?

Furthermore, this investigation apparently was premised on this individual's national origin, not his skin color or race.

Sad and unfair? Yes. But I would rather have authorities investigate all possible suspects, even at the horrible risk of coming across as non-politically correct.

IMO it's more than non-politically correct. No evidence other than he's middle eastern. Great. Who's next? Those Irish are pretty militant too - plus they drink too much.

Sad and unfair? Yes. But I would rather have authorities investigate all possible suspects, even at the horrible risk of coming across as non-politically correct. Was it not Saudi nationals who perpetrated the 911 attacks?

Furthermore, this investigation apparently was premised on this individual's national origin, not his skin color or race.

This is by far THE WORST approach in regards to public security. And this has nothing to do with political correctness, but with due diligence in investigative work. National origin my ass- reminds me on a knee jerk reaction of putting Japanese nationals into concentration camps. Worked great- didn't it?

This was an example of knee jerk law enforcement, not effective law enforcement. Such shotgunning is a classic waste of limited investigative resources - which makes the case move slower, not faster.

National origin is just another form of racial profiling. If law enforcement had a credible tip to look out for a Saudi national, they might question some. There was no such tip, and tearing this persons apartment apart and terrorizing his roommate for 5 hours went a little beyond that.

Investigators have plenty of evidence to wade through right now. Misguided crap like this only delays the process. It may be who we are, but its not who we should be.

The details of the incident so far indicates a small group or loan wolf, and probably a domestic one, according to law enforcement. It's early, of course, but I'm going to take their lead on that rather than recycle the trainwreck that was our post 911 response.