The shit hits the fan at Gitmo

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because hunger strikes actually work to get action.

meh. better than nothing sure, and certainly they work better in theory when the oppressors actually have a conscience to trouble, but progress still seems glacial. for all their greatness, gandhi's hunger strikes couldn't turn the tide of muslim/hindu hatred. ira hunger strikes in the 80s didn't do much more than make more martyrs.

as always, i hope for a legal and civil resolution, and am fine w/ the trails being held in my hometown, seeing as how everyone else seems to get hysterical when that question comes up...

I am posting from there right now. They now have Wifi. Conditions are way better than everybody thinks. :wave:

Seriously, it is one of the biggest enigmas on earth that we have a facility there but no ordinary American can travel there and you have to go to fucking Canada to get one of their cigars.

Because hunger strikes actually work to get action.

meh. better than nothing sure, and certainly they work better in theory when the oppressors actually have a conscience to trouble, but progress still seems glacial. for all their greatness, gandhi's hunger strikes couldn't turn the tide of muslim/hindu hatred. ira hunger strikes in the 80s didn't do much more than make more martyrs.

as always, i hope for a legal and civil resolution, and am fine w/ the trails being held in my hometown, seeing as how everyone else seems to get hysterical when that question comes up...

Normally I would not debate ivan but I will anyway. The world is kind of fucked up.

Seriously, it is one of the biggest enigmas on earth that we have a facility there but no ordinary American can travel there and you have to go to fucking Canada to get one of their cigars.

equal enigma - why we enthusiastically do business w/ china but not cuba?