• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
LonelySummit

Hood weather snowpack beta for Old Chute

In reading all the NWAC and looking at the trends for the weekend of April 12th and 13th; I'm a bit concerned regarding new snow and possibly winds above 9k. Anyone's thoughts on a Friday night climb through the Old Chute? I know spring is here soon enough; but a late winter climb has been on my radar for a few years.

hahaha. that is EXACTLY what my ski partner on the climb said. So it looks like it's going to be Timberline lifts on Friday, and fresh pow on Helens Sunday.

it's already spring

I guess what I meant to say is that spring climbing will be here soon enough - As in Bluebird days, postholing down from the Hogsback. My last couple times skiing at Timberline, and skinning to the top of Palmer; there are plenty of winter storms still beating the shit out of Hood.