GoLite gear quality

ARBrandon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cheap for a reason. What's their warranty look like? Only experience I have with their down jackets was a nice light 800 fill jacket I got the wife- the zipper broke about the second week, then a seam opened up and it started leaking. I never did take it back and see what they'd do to make it right, so I can't be too critical.

I've have a GoLite 800 fill sleeping bag for 4-5 seasons and it's held up great. Really warm for the rating and quality fill that hasn't packed out. I dunno about there jackets specifically but seems like they have (or at least had) well sourced down.

the reason go-lite gear is so inexpensive is because they sell it themselves, instead of selling it to shops which then resell it for a profit.

they started doing this about a year ago, same gear as it was before-just the consumer is basically paying wholesale.

it is this same reason you will not find any of their new product in shops anymore. they cut out the middle man (gear stores)

i've had several golite packs for summer backpacking, they are good.