• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
ARBrandon

Newbie looking for instruction

Hello everyone,

I am new to mountaineering and the PNW. I am experienced in backpacking/camping, skiing, scrambling, and novice rock climber. I am looking for recommendations for guided classes and climbs to get some experience under my belt.

Thanks for the help!

This topic comes up a lot on this site. If you do an effective search of posts you will get a firehose of information from experienced climbers and a few dumb shits but try it anyway.

Since you're from Portland, you can try the Mazamas. Also, for mountaineering you can probably get some instruction from Timberline Mountain Guides. Additionally, tons of guide services here in WA are available for training. That's my best suggestion.

Thanks, everyone. I am looking into doing some courses plus a climb on Mt. Hood with Timberline. I will look into some WA companies, as well.

don't forget college outdoor programs -- many offer high-quality instruction, and often don't require that you be an enrolled student. they can be a great source of partners, as well...