Oops

Dru

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible. I seem to remember a similar accident up in Canada heading in for some skiing when the chopper settled down in some snow causing some low rotors, and on takeoff caught the prop in a snow drift (invisible in the flat light), killing 2 people.

Yeah, check the exhaust vent for the engine. It's definitely a 206. 407's have the Allison 250-C47 which sports a rectangular, one-piece exhaust. The 206 Jetranger/Longranger has a C20 variant which has a dual exhaust setup.

We're talking some fuckin' muscle. rockband.gif

Engaging Geekmode: V-22 Osprey powered by two Rolls Royce (formerly Allison) T-800 Turboshaft engines. Until the reliability improves, I would steer clear; they've had a few crashes and killed some Marines I believe. Plus, the spindle that the engine nacelle rotates on is carbon fiber and is quite spendy. The T-800 doesn't have tons of hours, either, so you'd be getting a fairly unproven engine that is expensive to purchase and work on.

Chinook would be nice. One problem is that flying one is tough to learn (from what I've heard).

Edited by Greg_W

• 9 months later...