• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
danhelmstadter

[TR] Three Fingers - east face couloir 3/9/2013

"the slight double fall line nature of the couloir naturally managed my sluff"

ha, nicely done Dan!

gota say ... every night since i read this posting (and of course, imagined myself skiing down here), it has affected my dreams ... have had some wild dreams about being here, and on zips wall, mixed with my 'real' times being here/there ... guess you gota have been there, to know. AGAIN, this was a very, EXTREMEly lucky day for you .... dude!!!! WOW. IT HAS TO have AFFECTed YOUR dreams ... ??? you and alpine Dave (another amazing climb)have gotten into my mind ... KIDS!

Edited by crazedmaniac

the slight double fall line

Is that shorthand for "it is not really a couloir and if you fall you may tumble over a cliff rather than sliding down a gully"?

Hei, Dan... So, the line is that diagonal finger of snow crossing the peak in Scurlock's photo? And you went down to where the tips of your skies are pointing?

If "yes" to both of that, Dude that's simply... awesome...

Thanks for all of your comments.

Crazedmaniac, yeah I think my experience up there has affected my dreams and goals for the better. Cool to hear a little about your times up on that wall!

Matt, there was danger of going over the east face above the couloir, but not in it because of it's sunken nature.

Gaucho, thanks, yeah that's what I skied.