Hyalite Conditions

Lambone

I'm headed there this weekend. Will post conditions upon return.

I was in Hyalite from Friday through Sunday and the conditions were a bit warm but the ice was in decent condition. Genesis I is pretty hacked up and wasn't recuperating much at night. HOwever, there was still plenty to climb on with a couple climbs having some small mixed sextions. Hangover was a blast but also saw a lot of traffic and we whined like babies on the approach. We finished out our weekend on a flow about 500 yards beyond Genesis I (I don't have a guidebook so don't know the name) that was in fabulous shape but melting out a bit due to the unduly warm temps.

THe road was in great condition and just about any car should make it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave,

I haven't climbed in the Bitteroots yet. But there is ice. My friend in Boz has climbed the flows in Blodget Canyon. I guess they are ok. Kelly Cordes put up alot of little mixed routes around there. I guess Mission Falls is one of the closest quality places.

My wife and I are thinking of moving to the Bitteroots within the next year. I'm allready on the lookout for partners. bigdrink.gif

Hey do you know a Victor I think he lived in Bozman... I know he works for RMI He teaches ice climbing in the bitteroots or hyalite. I think he lives in missoula now but he might of lived in missoula instead of Bozman I an sure

Yeah the bitteroots are great I will be out here for while don't know how long but for a while other then the summers when the cascades will be calling my name