BODY RECOVERY AT VANTAGE

bigbro

Someone at Squamish once called in a rescue on the Chief on my buddy Luc's haulbag which he had left as his highpoint while taking a day off from putting up Under The Gun. They told the officer they had been watching a climber and felt they need a rescue as they were not moving.

Lucs response was to sew a shirt and pants on his haulbag so it looked more like a person. Also that way, when he hauled it the arms and legs flopped around spasmodically exciting the gapers more wink.gifbigdrink.gif

And oh yes: snaf.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nice to get out of work but it's terrible to joke about death like this. REALLY LAME when someone gets hurt responding to it. Those deputies seem to get hurt all the time! (That is, if the scene is anywhere near a road. If it's more than 100 ft from their cars you'll never see them.) I say bill the hell out of those guys and send the proceeds to the organizations who responded.

By some twisted logic, salbrecher says climbing death hoaxes are a good training exercise? Real bright idea.

FWIW, criminal penalties may apply if perpetrators are caught. Personally, I suggest finding other entertainment. If I was SAR, I'd not be unhappy to see the perpetrators do jail time.