BODY RECOVERY AT VANTAGE

bigbro

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it was a hoax. A friend called the Grant Co Sheriff's office, this was part of his message to me:

"Here's what I found out. The Grant County Sheriff's Office says this was a really Bad Prank. Apparently, they got a call to investigate the climbing area near the old Vantage Highway about 10AM Saturday Morning. Thought there was a body there. They had an EMS team, search/rescue folks, 4 deputies and Medstar out there looking. To say the least, it was very expensive and one deputy was injured after falling on the rocks. It turned out to be a shirt and pants stuffed with rags to look like a body. Any additional info, call Grant Co Sheriff's Office at 509-754-201 (ext 468)."

I'd be using the thumbs down icon if it was still here. While whoever did it thought it must have been funny, it was really very short-sighted and pretty effing stupid. SAR and other rescue people put their lives on the line whenever they're called out, and in this instance a deputy got hurt. The idiots should be strung up.

I'm not saying people shouldn't practice.... Just that those folks train verry hard for what they do, (my god father was a fireman for 30 years) And they don't need *HELP* figuring out how to train themselves. Had there been a real emergacy in that area at that time and the rescue units did not know that the fake one was fake someone could have died needlessly.

Have you ever worked for a volenteer fire department or anything like that??? I would be interested in if Iain and his crew apriciate it when people pull shit like this??? madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif usualy I like what you have to say, but you are pissing me off

I have never worked for a volenteer fire department, I work at a movie theater frown.gif. However when Lambone was rescued from glacier peak it was mentioned in that thread that the pilots actually enjoy the training and experience gained from such "rescues". Granted that the dummy was not a real accident and that it was a very stupid thing to do i still think it provides excellent training to those involved.

In MY NEVER TO BE HUMBLE OPINION there is a gigantic diffrence between helping real people get out of a sticky situation and risking your life on what you thought was a person to find that it was rag stuffed clothing...

I will forgive you if you take me to the movie wink.gif oh, I guess we better take jk too wink.gifsmile.gif