• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
godskid5

Harnesses,

I am taking a group of friends climbing next weekend. There are 3 of us with experience, teaching 7 how to climb. Knots, belay, anchors etc... Trying to get them into the sport!

I have 4 harnesses, and am looking for at least 2-3 more. I can pay, just not new prices. If you have some you no longer need, please let me know what and how much.

sizes medium to large.

Thanks,

Dave

You can usually find the Black Diamond alpine bod harness for about $40, new. Super no-frills harness, but it works. Some people hate these because it doesn't have a belay loop (you use a biner instead) but it's not like you're going to be catching super huge whippers with these

didn't even think about those.. I personally love em, but use it mostly for mountaineering, so didn't even think about it for this...

all top rope, shouldn't be a problem!

thanks

Hey Dave. Do you ever check out Sierratradingpost.com? They have some edelweiss brand harnesses that are functionally the same as the BD alpine bod. $35 bucks a piece and you can always score a 20% - 30% off coupon code for this site if you look around.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/edelweiss-challenge-rc-climbing-harness~p~4578x/?filterString=climbing-harnesses~d~109%2F&colorFamily=01