Want to climb Mt Rainier Adams Baker

Cesar

Hi everyone, name here is Cesar (native from Lima Peru)If anybody out there if looking for a climbing partner for these 3 mountains,let me know, I am 50 yrs old and in good physical shape , I climbed Rainier 3 times (2010/2011/2012)and summited twice. I have all the gear except ropes. I like to hit Muir as many times as I can during the spring summer fall seasons. I'm also a ham radio guy, so I usually try to bring my radios/antennas while mountain topping. Using a guide service is great for the first timers, but then I just want to slow down and enjoy the surroundings. Look forward to hear from anyone out there.

Cesar

N7bus@hotmail.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hey Caesar the names Darren. You can say I'm a newbie, started climbing 3 years ago. Been to muir many times. Just did Helens last weekend. Winter ascent is amazing! Planning on trying hood, adams, and possibly rainier in the summer. My dad is 54 I think and he loves the outdoors he just has some other issues now so I gotta make decisions. I'm 20 and I have mostly of the necessary climbing gear, crampons, ice axe, clothing. Helmet as well! I've done my research of adams and rainier. Not so much baker but I can read. Were you planning to do standard routes on these mountains? Hope to hear from you

Darren

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Grand Coulee and plan on hitting Adams with or without a friend this year, I normally do shorter peaks, Dragontail/Stuart/Gardner, but was planning on ramping it up this year in the hope for a first time Rainier summit, decided against a guide service after reading alot of reviews, had a buddy from High School years ago who is a Ranger offer to take me up and further my training, but that may not pan out now, so will have to decide what to do before Summer hits.

TO: CouleeClimber

Dude, if I lived in Grand Coulee, I'd have ice climbed all season at Banks. MUHAHAHA

As for guides, it's really not that bad of a way to go. If you choose wisely, you can learn a lot. Some of the guide services for Rainier are only about the exact skills to get you to the summit. Others will let you pull out of them anything that you want to learn. I'd suggest a 4 day climb to learn a ton - unless you go alone.

There are people here that will do your training and such for free, but it might be harder to organize.

Good luck! I'm sure you can figure out a way to get er done!

Edited by CaleHoopes