Ha-ro from North Korea!

tvashtarkatena

i mean i like to hate a man as much as the next guy, and fatties can't hardly chase you down, but seeing as how skinny folks drop dead of cancer n' heart problems too, i'm not sure that these guys should be public enemeies #1...

Its not just fatties, but anyone with perpetual shitbag syndrome. I'm pretty sure the people who have so many chronic illnesses caused by extreme poor lifestyle choices they are "disabled," are a huge drag on the health care system. I have no statistics, just my experience as a health care provider.

But we as a society aren't going to ignore these people, so finding a way to care for them efficiently is in the best interest of all.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we as a society aren't going to ignore these people, so finding a way to care for them efficiently is in the best interest of all.

yet doesn't any attempt to do so invite the "social engineering" criticism?

as if ignoring folks and encouraging their untimely demise isn't itself an example of said phenomenon... :)

I am not for getting rid of services, but what people have to realize, that the raising cost of healthcare is on par with increased costs of providing medical services. The increase need for medical services is due in vast majority due to obesity related illnesses. Even chronic pain in most cases are due to shitty diet, access weight and lack of exercise. We are spending 200 billion dollars on unnecessary back surgeries. In more then 80% of cases all these patients will redevelop pain. There is zero preventiveness, people in general don't care about their health. THAT is a real reason for cost increase.

but, given that assuring access to healthcare is a fundemental requirement for a civilized nation, aren't you going to be the first to shit kittens when nefarious government agents call for "social engineering" by demanding excercise, control over diets, and the right to deny care to those deemed "unfit?"

you sure ever phatty out there just "doesn't care" about his health? no role for genetics? where they live (christ, good luck staying in shape in alabama in the middle of summer!)? their job? access to whole-foods n' la fitnesses? i mean i like to hate a man as much as the next guy, and fatties can't hardly chase you down, but seeing as how skinny folks drop dead of cancer n' heart problems too, i'm not sure that these guys should be public enemeies #1...

Now THAT is a pile of crap. So let's start with genetics. I am sure the genetics in Africa and African Americans aren't so different, same with population originating from Europe. While you'll have maybe 5-7% obesity due to genetic or other disorders outside of the US, why are African Americans obese at the same rate, which is about 70%. Stop with these excuses- there are NONE. The fact of the matter is in 2003 Group Health study found teenagers consuming 1800 calories per day in the form of soft drinks and an average calorie intake of 3900 for adults. Simple math shows- too much too eat and not enough energy output.

People are free to choose whatever fucking lifestyle they want. But if you decide to be fat, you lose your right to bitch about healthcare cost. Unless you sign DNR and that is fine.

So no healthy food in places- again it's simple. If people demand it, they will start selling better food. Don't like Wallmart- don't go and buy there- IT IS THAT SIMPLE!. And contrary to your ignorant statement skinny people are way less likely to develop cardio-vascular disease or cancer. There are statistics to back up my statement.

I am not for getting rid of services, but what people have to realize, that the raising cost of healthcare is on par with increased costs of providing medical services. The increase need for medical services is due in vast majority due to obesity related illnesses. Even chronic pain in most cases are due to shitty diet, access weight and lack of exercise. We are spending 200 billion dollars on unnecessary back surgeries. In more then 80% of cases all these patients will redevelop pain. There is zero preventiveness, people in general don't care about their health. THAT is a real reason for cost increase.

but, given that assuring access to healthcare is a fundemental requirement for a civilized nation, aren't you going to be the first to shit kittens when nefarious government agents call for "social engineering" by demanding excercise, control over diets, and the right to deny care to those deemed "unfit?"

you sure ever phatty out there just "doesn't care" about his health? no role for genetics? where they live (christ, good luck staying in shape in alabama in the middle of summer!)? their job? access to whole-foods n' la fitnesses? i mean i like to hate a man as much as the next guy, and fatties can't hardly chase you down, but seeing as how skinny folks drop dead of cancer n' heart problems too, i'm not sure that these guys should be public enemeies #1...

Now THAT is a pile of crap. So let's start with genetics. I am sure the genetics in Africa and African Americans aren't so different, same with population originating from Europe. While you'll have maybe 5-7% obesity due to genetic or other disorders outside of the US, why are African Americans obese at the same rate, which is about 70%. Stop with these excuses- there are NONE. The fact of the matter is in 2003 Group Health study found teenagers consuming 1800 calories per day in the form of soft drinks and an average calorie intake of 3900 for adults. Simple math shows- too much too eat and not enough energy output.

People are free to choose whatever fucking lifestyle they want. But if you decide to be fat, you lose your right to bitch about healthcare cost. Unless you sign DNR and that is fine.

So no healthy food in places- again it's simple. If people demand it, they will start selling better food. Don't like Wallmart- don't go and buy there- IT IS THAT SIMPLE!. And contrary to your ignorant statement skinny people are way less likely to develop cardio-vascular disease or cancer. There are statistics to back up my statement.

I suppose you think homeless people want to be homeless, too

homeless people are forced to be homeless :)

The fatties are victims! Poor fatties.

Of course. There's also a huge difference between the overweight person who is aware of their situation and at least trying to do something about it and the chronically slothfull tub of shit.

I just don't have a lot of sympathy for those on the extreme end of the shitbag scale.

The problem with fat people is that they stink, they tend to be stupid, and they eat more than their fair share. Ever compete with the fatties at Royal Fork? Good luck turning that stampede.

Porkers have no redeeming qualities. Any talents they may possess or contributions they make worthy of an attaboy is more than outweighed by their overabundance of adipose. While we're responsibly taking care of ourselves these two ton tillies may be sacrificing their own needs to take care of others. Morons.

Something like 70% of America's land area is covered by fat. 90% of our population can't fit into the largest 10% of underwear sizes. I haven't seen a pantyline under a pair of sweats at Walmart in years. The behemoth just go one layer now. Even if they could find undies in their size, it would be too much work to change em.

They'd be easy to get rid off. Free food! Come and get it!

Herd em in, cook em down.

Better yet: work camps. Let's get our calories worth out of these lardbags!

Edited by tvashtarkatena

and seriously, ggk, have you spent any time in the south? not to be snarky, but jesus-fuck, half the reason i chose to move west was to have a hope in hell of being able to run a mile in tropical conditions w/o heaving back up all the sweet tea n' hush-puppies i'd just sucked down :)

'dat shit is muuuuuuuggy back there!

you noticed the fattest states are southern ones? think it's just that southerners don't give a fuck as much as fucking yankees? :)

I just don't have a lot of sympathy for those on the extreme end of the shitbag scale.

indeed. shitbags come in all sorts n' stripes - i've known more than a few skinny cock-suckers who, to use the hicks-ien construct, were "little more than feverish egos sucking on the nation's subconscious and making us pay a higher psychic-price than we know" :)

Yes Ivan, I have been to the South, so I understand and comprehend the concept of humidity. Also I have tasted the food people eat there. I bet lack of ability to exercise stems more from deep fried shit piles they eat, then from the heat and humidity.

I understand that (like drug and alcohol abuse) overeating and obesity are a disease, and should be treated as such. But in order for people to get better, rest of us have to stop giving them a laundry list of excuses. I work with fat people every day, some of them in a lot of pain. I try to educate them and convince them, that it is their PERSONAL responsibility to take care of their body. Giving excuses is not helping.

The fact of the matter is, that any healthcare system in this country is doomed, unless you re-regulate food industry.

I understand that (like drug and alcohol abuse) overeating and obesity are a disease, and should be treated as such. But in order for people to get better, rest of us have to stop giving them a laundry list of excuses. I work with fat people every day, some of them in a lot of pain. I try to educate them and convince them, that it is their PERSONAL responsibility to take care of their body. Giving excuses is not helping.

The fact of the matter is, that any healthcare system in this country is doomed, unless you re-regulate food industry.

Sounds great. What regulations do you suggest? I think insurance companies should charge fat people higher premiums, the same way they might charge smokers more.