Xtreme Ops

mikeadam

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what one critic says about the Sanction. I say we hunt the bastard down and gut him like a fish.

"This film is more entertaining than it is good. It's basically a James Bond film, and like the Roger Moore Bond films during the time this was made, it suffers from stereotypical and one-dimensional characters and a cheesy script. It would be easy to blame the terrible script for the weakness of the overall movie, but unfortunately the success and failure of the film rests squarely on Eastwood's shoulders. Eastwood, the actor, singlehandedly makes the film watchable, with his snarling delivery and take-no-crap attitude, he makes the film fun. Eastwood, the director, did a poor job with the actors, and was lazy in character portrayals, relying on stereotypes instead of developing characters, and delivers a film that was a half hour too long. It's fine for a couple of mindless hours of entertainment, but this film could have been much better given the talent involved."

I was lucky enough to join some friends who scored some preview tickets for Xtreme Ops. Yep you are all right, it was worse than Vertical Limit. However, if you go in with Xtremely low expectations, and just want to see some fun skiing, it was not too bad. Definitely got me wanting to hit the slopes if the snow ever falls. But, as far as acting, story, and all of the stuff that a real movie is made of, it makes you want to run the other way, or just laugh as hard as you can at how bad a movie really can be. hahaha.gif