Newbie looking for first rope

ghostr21

I am fairly new to the amazing sport of rock climbing. I am going to take a lead climbing class in April in order to learn how to lead climb for when I translate my love of gym climbing to outdoors. I was looking at the Bluewater Accelerator rope with about a 10.5mm diameter. Has anyone heard negative reviews about this rope? Is there another rope and diameter that would be suggested for, as much as I hate to admit it, a newbie?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a newer climber you should just go and buy the cheapest rope you can find that is 60m long and 10mm or greater. Unless you plan to use it in the mountains as well don't worry, or pay for dry-treatment. Check out justropes.com I always seem to find great deals on ropes through them.

As a newer climber you should just go and buy the cheapest rope you can find that is 60m long and 10mm or greater. Unless you plan to use it in the mountains as well don't worry, or pay for dry-treatment. Check out justropes.com I always seem to find great deals on ropes through them.

x2 - assuming you get into the sport, you'll soon be going through the damn things like toilet paper