Stair Climbing

brit1986

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and just moved to the NW. Does anybody who lives in Vancouver, WA know of any bleachers or stairs around Vancouver that I can climb/run on my nights off? I am from a small town that uses a stadium for the whole county, and they never lock the stadium down so all residents can use it anytime. Since I moved to Vancouver I have found that every stadium is locked up to the public (understandably). I really don't want to venture down into Portland just for some bleacher steps. If anybody could help me out I would be ever so grateful!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brit,

I'm from Vancouver originally but now live in Spokane. If you're intent on running bleachers check out one of the local High Schools, Ft Vancouver High, or maybe Columbia River High School in Hazel Dell would work.

FYI there are some really nice training trails near you as well. I'm sure others on this site can help you find some of them. Angel's Rest trail is on the Oregon side of the river, just off the hwy @ the Bridal Veil exit. A bit further is Larch Mtn (Multnomah Falls)trail for a better work out but there'll be some snow up top right now maybe... The days are probably long enough now for a run up Angel's Rest before dark if you off work early enough.

Trails are better for ya I think, and more fun.

d