Blown out grommet on Batura

keenwesh

I just inspected my Baturas (purchased new summer before last, used for a season and a half of ice, maybe 100 or so days total) The lower grommet that has to be tightened to keep heel lift to a minimum is tearing out in both boots. Here's a shot:

DSC03230.JPG

It works for now, but will blow out completely soon, probably when I'm out climbing. Will I have any luck talking to La Sportiva's warranty people or am I out the cost of a new pair of boots?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

update:

got the boots back after 6 weeks as is. they didn't even replace the blown out laces. said it was "normal wear and tear". They gave me a list of cobblers who'll repair them, none of which are in Bozeman, let alone MT. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off, a $550 pair of boots should last longer than one and a half seasons.

Next time I buy a pair of boots they won't be LS... If they'd gotten them back to me in a week or two I wouldn't be nearly as ticked off, I could have taken them to a cobbler and gotten them fixed before the hyalite road closed, instead they cut my season short a month and a half and unapologetically do nothing for me.

Maybe I'm just a whiner, but I buy my own gear on a student budget, I can't afford new shit every two years.