New to the forums

zoltani

Hi all,

I've been in the Seattle area for about 2 years now. When I was a teenager I rock climbed quite a bit as part of an outdoors class in my high school. After school though I didn't have people to go with so I pretty much quite climbing regularly, though I have been out here and there throughout the years.

Anyway, I've finally decided to get back into climbing so I've been going to vertical world at least 2 times a week for the past couple of months (currently climbing routes up to 5.10c). I'd always climbed outside before, so the gym climbing thing is new to me. A month ago I spent a day climbing in Red Rocks and this reminded me how much I love climbing outside.

My goal this year is to get outside and climb more, hopefully finding some experienced people to learn from. I've been acquiring gear so I don't have to be a total gear mooch. Also been practicing knots and building anchors at home.

Any recommendations for finding mentors that are willing to do some easier routes to help a newb learn? Looking for someone to give tips, evaluate my fixed anchors, show me a little about trad anchors and placing pro. Would like to learn to second on trad routes.

Cheers!

Aaron

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic