• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Fromage

TNF Verto S4K GTX - who's used 'em?

My Scarpa Triolets (size 48, biggest size made) are a tad small for me. After tolerating their punishment of my big toe on descents for years, I'm looking for a replacement. I see North Face is now making alpine climbing boots and I'm curious if their interpretation of size 14 will be a better fit for my foot. Before I go ordering a pair to try on I'd like some feedback from peeps with direct experience wearing this boot.

If not, maybe I'll gamble and check them out.

Also, if anyone has recommendations for comparable models to consider from other manufacturers, I'm open to suggestions. The only catch is that they have to come in a US size 14. Trangos are nowhere close to possible for me. I can make the Sportiva Makalu-lasted models work, but that last still leaves a bit to be desired in terms of fit for me. Garmont Tower Plus looks functionally similar but I can't find sizing info.

Link to TNF boots

I wear a size 13 shoe. La Sportiva Nepal evo gtx are just too short in size 48 for me and too narrow. Scarpa mont blanc's in 48 are a little better than the Nepal's for me but still a little too short. Garmont Tower GTX's in 14/49 fit great .