Gun Control

kevbone

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the one hand, he says we have a moral obligation to do what we can to prevent more mass shootings, and on the other, he says none of the proposed legislation is guaranteed to prevent a mass-shooting or reduce killing "down to a thousand a year."

Given how toothless the proposed "increases" in regulation are, I agree with both of his statements.

On the one hand, he says we have a moral obligation to do what we can to prevent more mass shootings, and on the other, he says none of the proposed legislation is guaranteed to prevent a mass-shooting or reduce killing "down to a thousand a year."

Given how toothless the proposed "increases" in regulation are, I agree with both of his statements.

Hooray for moderates seeking to find common ground!!

I'm no longer going to bother with a helmet, because they don't guarantee I won't get kilt.

What is it about Harm Reduction that righties can't seem to wrap their walnuts around? Or is this just another manufactured issue for the bottom feeders in their base to dutifully parrot via their FB pages? And lest we forget who is responsible for blocking, and thus watering down, any and all gun control proposals?

Wow, politics have gotten really, really stupid since the Tea Baggerz were shat out of a retarded, dyspeptic elephant.

didn't seem to do the trick in new orleans?

i mean one that just wipes out this country completely ...

i just remember a bunch looting and blaming after katrina. there was very little looting or blaming after the japan tsunami as far as i remember.

watching the most recent episode of walking dead at the moment and it don't look like mass disasters in hollywood at least go peacefully :)

japan's plenty different - strict gun laws, yes? a culture built on conformity. tsunami destroyed everything that could be looted anyhow. nuclear melt-down probably helped folks stay in-doors too :) as for blaming, i don't understadn japanese culture well enough to know what that would look like, but i'd be suprised if there wasn't much monday-morning q'b'ing going on.

incidentally, saw a crazy docu on the tsunami last week: "tsunami and the cherry blossom" or some such - highly recommend, if only for the first 5 minute hand-held video from a group miles in from the coast who catch the total destruction of their city in detail, including at the end an entire nursing home, w/ all the old ladies n' rescue folks riding hte range before your eyes...

incidentally, saw a crazy docu on the tsunami last week: "tsunami and the cherry blossom" or some such - highly recommend, if only for the first 5 minute hand-held video from a group miles in from the coast who catch the total destruction of their city in detail, including at the end an entire nursing home, w/ all the old ladies n' rescue folks riding hte range before your eyes...

sounds disturbing....

i'll check it out

Edited by pink