Gun Control

kevbone

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LET ME BE FREE TO CREATE WEALTH!!!

Gosh, that's crazy Rob. What a loony idea! And they have a sign with that written on it even. Wow. Insane.

:rolleyes:

I know, right? Cause right now people aren't even free to get rich!!!! Because of Obama!!!

I'll bet that woman would be a billionaire right now if it weren't for those damn liberals.

the paulistas of south america wished to be free of the meddlesome regulations of spain, cause, ya know, regulations against slavery were fucking up their ability to get wealth too (funny, the base of the republican party lodges in states that made a similiar complaint not too long ago?)

ah, a "free" market debate!

Immigration policy according to the NRA: "why do we need borders, criminals are just going to cross them anyway."

When I presented this argument to a friend (who works for the border patrol in NF) to point out one of the fallacies of her anti-gun-control argument, she accused me of attacking her profession as useless.

Hey, how 'bout that guy in Alabama that shot and killed a school bus driver in front of a busload of kids then kidnapped a kid with disabilities and is now holed up in an underground apocalypse shelter? Pretty cool that the Second Amendment gives this fuckhead lunatic the right to bear arms, huh?

Yes, because he probably couldn't have got on the bus and stabbed the guy to death and then still been holed up in his underground bunker with the kid.

He didn't use a knife. He murdered the guy, in front of a bus full of kids, with a gun. Isn't that awesome, gun guy?

Your logical fallacy is: gun = any other weapon. "This deranged lunatic would have simply used [any other weapon] if he didn't have a gun." But he had a gun. Your logic is flawed.

No it isn't. In your effed up train of "logic", getting rid of all guns will make all the violence in the world go away.

The guy is clearly crazy, no doubt. If he wanted to do this and there were no guns, he would have used something else to murder the bus driver in front of those kids and would have taken the kid and would still be holed up in his bunker.

Hey what caliber assault weapon did Timothy McVeigh use in Oklahoma City? Oh, or the terrorists on 9/11? or Andrew Kehoe? You can't stop deranged crazy people from doing fucked up things.

In your effed up train of "logic", getting rid of all guns will make all the violence in the world go away.

Wrong. Getting rid of guns will get rid of gun violence.

Your other examples are also invalid in this discussion. The US is not going through a crisis in terrorist bombings or knife attack massacres. The US is going through a crisis in gun violence. The only solution is to restrict access to guns.

The guy is clearly crazy, no doubt. If he wanted to do this and there were no guns, he would have used something else to murder the bus driver in front of those kids and would have taken the kid and would still be holed up in his bunker.

Hey what caliber assault weapon did Timothy McVeigh use in Oklahoma City? Oh, or the terrorists on 9/11? or Andrew Kehoe? You can't stop deranged crazy people from doing fucked up things.

crazy- is it your analysis? Not crazy- according to NRA. According to you and NRA, we don't need any gun laws, because the system is working. THAT IS FUCKING CRAZY!!!!

Hey look! Fuckin' FBI Statistics!

2011 Homicides by Weapon:

Firearms: 8,583

Knives or Other Cutting Instruments: 1,694

Blunt Objects: 496

By Hand: 728

Poison: 5

Explosives: 12

Fire: 75

Narcotics: 29

Drowning: 15

Strangulation: 85

Asphyxiation: 89

Other: 853

I figure the average school bus driver would stand a pretty good chance of defending themselves (and their kids) with anything other than a firearm.

OMG we should just make a law against killing people, that way we just cover all of our bases with one law, then no one would get killed.:rolleyes:

I never said we don't need gun laws, hell we have close to 20,000 state and federal gun laws on the books right now. How about stiffer penalties for people who use guns in crimes or people who are caught with guns get stiffer sentences instead of a slap on the wrist. How about the media doesn't sensationalize these crimes for ratings spurring copy cat incidents?

I know how you hoplophobes don't like facts though so I won't post those up again.