Gun Control

kevbone

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea, why not grow a pair and walk around unarmed like the rest of us?

LOL. How about this dude, lets just agree to disagree. We are going in circles here and not changing anyone's mind. I think you are a pussy because you are scared of guns, you think I'm a pussy because I carry a gun. Meh in the end what does it really matter? You defend yourself and your family in whatever way you deem best and I will do the same. I'm tired of posting up facts about guns, you guys clearly don't give a shit. I realize I just shouldn't give a shit about the opinions of a bunch of people on an internet site.

Here's an idea, why not grow a pair and walk around unarmed like the rest of us?

LOL. How about this dude, lets just agree to disagree. We are going in circles here and not changing anyone's mind. I think you are a pussy because you are scared of guns, you think I'm a pussy because I carry a gun. Meh in the end what does it really matter? You defend yourself and your family in whatever way you deem best and I will do the same. I'm tired of posting up facts about guns, you guys clearly don't give a shit. I realize I just shouldn't give a shit about the opinions of a bunch of people on an internet site.

Defend your family from what?- those gangs in central WA or whichever sheepshag you live in? How many fucking braking and entering have you had recently in your area? Wow, I forgot, when you were moving you saw a black guy. I bet he was in a gang. Yes, I stopped giving shit about opinions of racist assholes and paranoid retards, who are just too fucking dumb to even comprehend basics.

I would assume that you would realize from the current events in CT and CO that random acts of violence occur no matter where you live. I guess you are too fucking ignorant of current events and the real world to see that. Yup no crime anywhere else accept the big city, us dumb small town folk livin' in Mayberry ain't got no crime. Definitely ain't got no tweaked out meth heads out in the country. :rolleyes:

And as far as me being a racist? Nice one, did you take that out of the MSNBC's play book? (You know, the lefts FOX news) Or did you learn that one from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, The left's Carl Rove and Rush Limbaugh. Fucking ignorant twat waffle, run along, grown ups were talking.

I would assume that you would realize from the current events in CT and CO that random acts of violence occur no matter where you live. I guess you are too fucking ignorant of current events and the real world to see that. Yup no crime anywhere else accept the big city, us dumb small town folk livin' in Mayberry ain't got no crime. Definitely ain't got no tweaked out meth heads out in the country. :rolleyes:

Wait, you were just telling us that these random acts were statistically insignificant enough to not warrant increased gun control. But now they're significant enough to justify your packing heat when you leave the house. That clears everything up! :crazy:

Wait, you were just telling us that these random acts were statistically insignificant enough to not warrant increased gun control. But now they're significant enough to justify your packing heat when you leave the house. That clears everything up! :crazy:

love the logic train. but logic doesn't play into the minds ruled by fear.

I would assume that you would realize from the current events in CT and CO that random acts of violence occur no matter where you live.

Or did you learn that one from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson

Fucking ignorant twat waffle, run along, grown ups were talking.

Now, these were not your home invasions, weren't they? So it looks like you turn whichever way the wind blows. And yeah, the second part isn't racist, isn't it?

Working the NOC shift w/ TV on in the background; conservatard pundits saying NRA types are insane. WTF is happening to this country? Is a good ole 'merikin gonna hafta move to some place like Somalia or Pakistan or Texas to find freedumb, or what?

They were able to all but ban guns in Brazil via strict regs and requirements. Not gun violence though. Just the guns. Turns out, and I know this will shock the shit out of some of you, that criminals don't follow the law. So while you think banning guns here will do anything, it won't. Stupid gun accidents, crimes and suicides will decrease from honest people, but criminals will pick up the slack. End result, you will be less secure. Politicians will continue to amass power and we will have given up incrementally more.

Look at Brazil or Mexico. Look at the laws they have passed and the net result. Too many douchbags that don't give a f**k about others.

Mexico has strict gun laws. They've been able to disarm the honest people. Yet Mexico has enshrined rights in their constitution just like the US. Here are some of their gun "restrictions" which serve to keep guns in the hands of police, criminals and military....which are all sort of interchangeable there.

The privilege of carrying a firearm outside of one's home is limited to what is authorized by Mexican federal law. Mexican citizens and a Residente Permanente can apply for a carry permit. Convincing evidence must be presented showing why a carry permit is needed. Such a permit is very hard to get. There are work-arounds by membership in a hunting or gun club as discussed below.

All privately-owned firearms must be registered with the Mexican army.

Types of guns allowed

Article 11 of Ley Federal de Armas de Fuego y Explosivos lists prohibited "military firearms" in México.

They include:

full-auto and semi-auto handguns larger than 380

revolver .357 Magnum or larger

rifles larger than .30 caliber

shotguns larger than 12ga or with a barrel shorter than 25".

Allowed hand gun calibers are .380 auto, .38 and .22.

Allowed long guns: rifles no larger the 30 caliber; shotguns 12, 20 and 410 with barrels longer than 25"

There is only one legal gun store in the country; it's at an army base in Mexico City. There you can legally buy a gun and get a 24 to 72 hour transport permit back to your home. You can buy two boxes of ammo with the gun. You will need a letter from the local police department attesting that you have no criminal record. You will also need your immigration document (or voter ID card if you are a citizen) and passport with copies, your CURP and proof of address. When you arrive at the army base you will not be allowed to enter with any electronic device - cell phone, computer, camera, etc.

You must fill out an application which you can get at any army base. In addition to the completed application, you will need your immigration document (or voter ID card if you are a citizen) and passport with copies, your CURP and proof of address. When you have all of this, you may then transport the weapon to the Army base for registration. The registration application is your permit to transport the gun to the base. The gun must be in a box or wrapped so that it is not visible. The approved application will serve as your carry permit on the way home. Thereafter, you must not take the gun out of the house without a special carry permit.

Net effect is that dishonest politicians and dishonest police and army folks are out of control. They'll sell guns to criminals and report them stolen. One way to make a buck. Or they prey on civis and kidnap their children to pick up a few extra bucks. Gun violence is shitloads worse in Brazil where the gun restrictions are much more strict. Of course, the crooks don't give a shit.

Never happen here. Right? Easy to overlook the facts you don't choose to believe I guess.

You want to do something, start working on civics lessons in grade school. Not joking. It's a slow process. The founders wanted to convey something with the bill of rights...consider this. Most politicians want and seek power. Regular people do not (in the way that politicians go for it at least). That's what the 2nd amendment addresses. Who do you trust more? For me, I trust my family and friends more than power seeking politicians.

They've been able to ignore tenants of long held and established laws elsewhere. Our President chooses who will live and die weekly in drone strikes. (this is his own words)

How many Americans have been killed without trials? How many were only speaking their minds? Al-Alawaki claimed to only be a shit talking un-armed Non-combatant. The President agreed and announced his death sentence publicly. The guys dad took it to federal court to get the Presidential Fatwa overturned or at least examined where it was tossed because the Presidential Fatwa wasn't against him (ie dad had no legal standing). So they snuffed him. No due process. Snuffed him for violating their interpretation of the 1st Amendment. Then 2 weeks later they killed his 16 year old son although one of the Obama administration people said that the execution of the son was due to bad parenting. Any of you want to explain or discuss that? Didn't think so.

Of course, fortunately, our President is a "constitutional scholar" is smart and would never make a mistake. These un-armed miscreants clearly needed to be killed without due process. Right? Maybe free speech ain't so free anymore? Anyone wonder what Washington, Jefferson or Madison would say about the killing of citizens without trials for shit talkin'? Was King George even killing people without trials because of things that they said?

The thought coming out of Washington is that the 1st amendment is teetering our way so lets go after the next one now.

Maybe we should start calling it the "Bill of Things we'd like to see if our betters will let us have them" or "Bill of some things that would be Nice to Have" instead of the Bill of Rights. [/daily rant]

Take care all.