• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Lemke

Questio Regarding Trip Reports

I was just curious to know if you guys get upset if someone post a trip report to CC which is simply an outside link (to summitpost for example)

I write trip reports when I can but don't have the time to re-write and re-format them for every other climbing site it may be related to.

Can I do that if I have a good TR worth reading?

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Matt Lemke

I think it's mildly annoying to post a TR, say a couple words then insert the link. However, lazy as it is, it's still preferable to not posting at all. I mean, big deal, it's just an extra click, right?

Generally, a synopsis and a photo or two in your report is preferred. After that linking to a complete write up is fine.

Just posting a link is annoying. At least if I see that I never click the link.

posting just a link = lame

tr w/o pix = ghey

text w/o the fine-fuck word artfully and amply rendered = john-muir-wannabe-wanker-bullshit

you have been warned!!!

:)

posting just a link = lame

tr w/o pix = ghey

text w/o the fine-fuck word artfully and amply rendered = john-muir-wannabe-wanker-bullshit

you have been warned!!!

:)

:moondance::tup:

But we who are not skiers or ice climbers are wounded warriors in the winter and love seeing a TR anytime and I have checked with the President and Congress because they are busy doing nothing and didn't mind saying "no comment"

All joking aside, we on this site enjoy TRs. Some like pics, some like prose, but something is more than nothing.

But like ivan, I prefer things that are meant for us. We are "cascadeclimbers" not "afterthought"

And I'll continue the conversation by saying we always appreciate content, not just remarks. Facebook has a person that starts something and then everybody just gives a like or a right on or a I agree or some other remark.

But we like TRs and don't withhold.

Edited by matt_warfield

OK thanks everyone for the comments. I thnk i will write up a shortened version of a TR I have basically just summing it up then adding a few pics before putting a link in. Since I travel and climb literally everywhere (and will my whole life) I use Summitpost as my primary TR and photo location since it isn't restriced to one localized area.