Lance

Whatcomboy

How does Oprah get the truth out of Lance while the legal system can't?

I think Will Ferrell captured it in a tweet he sent yesterday (even tho Oprah denies it): "Lance Armstrong confesses to Oprah on drug use. What i$ it about her interview$ that make$ everyone $pill their gut$"

According to Oprah's website, she never pays guests for their interviews. Do you suppose she's lying?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was talking specifically about professional cycling not college sports in general.

The problem is similar that it trickles down. Is it really fair for amateur cyclists at the top level to have to race against doped local pros? This has been the case in PNW.

i seriously doubt old boy comes back from this - have any other atheletes w/ simliar situations?

Michael Vick

Mike Tyson

Are two that immediately come to mind.

both players in a blood sport though, so doing some thugged out shit like bite a brothers ear off, rape a chick and throw some dogs into a blender not as likely to offend the folks who liked them originally?

biking seems a bit too libturd-euro-faggy to fancy having back a raging dickhead liar. but then again maybe folks'll want him back just to take pleasure in seeing him beat?

both players in a blood sport though, so doing some thugged out shit like bite a brothers ear off, rape a chick and throw some dogs into a blender not as likely to offend the folks who liked them originally?

you don't pay attention much, do you?

depends on the day and person - what did i miss? vick's back and as i understood what lack of fandom he suffers from these days has more to do w/ decreased performance than anything, and mike's played to his rep as a brute in the "hangover" movies (plus he sounds like a little kid, and who can stay mad at a child, eh?)

you don't pay attention much, do you?

depends on the day and person - what did i miss? vick's back and as i understood what lack of fandom he suffers from these days has more to do w/ decreased performance than anything, and mike's played to his rep as a brute in the "hangover" movies (plus he sounds like a little kid, and who can stay mad at a child, eh?)

Vick caught a ton of flack from football fans, and still does today. No free pass due to some demographic differences in the fan base.

i seriously doubt old boy comes back from this - have any other atheletes w/ simliar situations?

Michael Vick

Mike Tyson

Are two that immediately come to mind.

biking seems a bit too libturd-euro-faggy to fancy having back a raging dickhead liar. but then again maybe folks'll want him back just to take pleasure in seeing him beat?

I didnt see where you said Lance would get back into cycling. My examples were more towards returning to stardom of sorts or some semblance of success.

Another example: Tiger Woods. While none of these guys have reached the stardom they had before, they've certainly mounted a comeback.

to be clear, i don't care what happens to the 1-ball-wonder, though i like a good old-fashioned amish shunning as much as the next man.

that said, his sin seems fundmentally different than the others listed so far in that it was directly related to the game/activity he's famous for - to use baseball's examples, none of the "black sox" got to return, and the hall of fame has made it clear it doesn't want pete rose nor likely any of the recent generation of dopers in their midst.

finally, in the interest of complete disclsoure, i plan on using all the PED's i can get my hands on for this glorious, sunny weekend's aethetic endeavors :)

I haven't read recent posts due to my recent high off low-T 1.62.

What is he losing by making this statement? Last time I checked he was done racing. The goal from some athletes is to make a lot of money, drugs or not, then retire and make some more from the story.

Let's reminisce for a moment about Wade Boggs and the panties or lack thereof. At least it was legal.

Edited by matt_warfield

Yes, Mr. SterStrong wishes to compete in tris - the sport he started out in as a pre-doped lad.

He's a pro athlete. That's his life. He's certainly not going to make it in acting, although he did a good job a playing a clean version of himself in Dodgeball.

Just another valuable lesson regarding the idea of the Hero: America's formerly favorite word.

Bone is my personal hero, for his moral bravery, defiance of power, constant vigilance. and tireless efforts to really make a difference.