[TR] Snoqualmie - Pineapple Express 1/14/2013

downey

Trip: Snoqualmie - Pineapple Express

Date: 1/14/2013

Trip Report:

Climbed Pineapple Express last Saturday with my buddy Will. FUN ALPINE CRAGGING!

CONDITIONS:

Encountered breakable crust up the phantom slide. Snow conditions around the base of the N Face were very very firm and no flotation was required. On route we found sticker snice down low and more breakable crust over sugar snow higher on the route, which Will plowed through like a rabid beast.

Here's a short bad video.. should give you some idea about conditions though:

ROUTE:

We solo'd the first couple pitches (snice 3ish). The next pitch was mixed corner (around M6) and protected well allthough it kept my attention for a while. Will took over with the next pitch, which involved a lieback corner (M5ish?) and some tree climbing.. solo'd some more to the point where will free'd the aid crux (5.9+ish?) finish of NYG. I forgot my headlamp and a time consuming slow ski/hike out brought us back to the car.

Thanks for another awesome climb, Will.

Gear Notes:

blue-orange metolius. .5-3C4. a couple long nylon (durable) runners for sharp chock stones. Placed a couple pins. I don't recall placing any stoppers but we brought a set along. We used 70m doubles which was a bit overkill. I think a single 60 would suffice for the bold.

We brought ski's on the approach but I think snowshoes might be the ticket for mediocre skiers like me. MVI_1277.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic