Strong Rainier partner for this week

CascadeClimber

Scheming for a 1.5 day climb/ski sometime later this week, any time for Wednesday afternoon/Thursday to Friday/Saturday, depending on weather and whether the park management opens the park on Wednesday. I'd like to simul-solo Gib Ledges and ski the Ingraham Direct.

On this trip I'm not interested in a winter or Rainier newbie, someone who doesn't ski well, or isn't in shape (3-ish hours to Muir). Sorry! I have a long-standing goal to summit in each calendar month and January is one I've yet to tick.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Know you're wanting a ski partner, but I'm taking my ski's to Muir (not fully skilled enough for a summit ski) and we're taking a group up the Gib Ledges route looks like Sat/Sun if you want to party up with us and ski down solo if you don't find anyone.

It's been a while since I've been up there, but in the summer my avg times to Muir were between 2:45-3:15 on good days, not sure How're they're going to compare these days with a few months off.

Just thought I'd extend the invitation if you didn't get a response.

-Brian

Email me at brianwthomas@gmail.com