Let FOAC assist you with your New Years Resolution

jpark42

Hello-

The New Years has just past and many of you started it off by making New Year’s resolutions. Your resolutions will involve family, friends, money, fitness, or your secret goal to rip a 360 front flip grab but in your heart of hearts you made a resolution to volunteer. You may not remember making this resolution (too much wine perhaps) or even thought about making this resolution but I know deep down inside you've resolved to help the Friends of the Northwest Weather & Avalanche Center.

Well here's your chance fulfill your New Year’s Resolution!!!! We are looking for people to volunteer for Vertfest 2013. Vertfest will be two days this year (Feb 16th and 17th) so your chances are doubled to fulfill your New Year’s “obligations”. Here are the roles I'm currently looking for:

Gatekeeping: Gatekeepers will need to be at Alpental ski area at 745am (building TBA). Basically your job will be making sure all the racers are safe, play by the rules, and make sure everyone goes through their gate. Expect to be busy for 4-8hrs (depending on the gate you are working)

Set Up: These people will need to show up at Alpental at 630am and will focus on stage and vendor set up. Since you’ll be done by 8ish, this is a great opportunity for those who want to race AND help out. You’ll get to kill two resolutions at once.

Take Down: We won’t need these people until Feb 17th around 6pm (exact time TBA). You’ll help with breaking down the stage.

If you'd like to volunteer please contact me at jeremyp@outdoorresearch.com Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic