Seeking Climbing/Hiking partners

sawtooth500

Hello,

I am in the Seattle area for the next 3 weeks, and I'm looking for some partners to do winter climbing and hiking. I live in Chicago, and I'm relatively inexperienced, however I am superbly equipped with high end gear and I did summit Hood and Adams this past summer.

I'm looking for a partner to go out in the woods and mountains with, simply because it's much safer with a partner than alone.

My biggest concerns are avalanches and crevasses (on glaciers), since I do not have experience with either. However, if you do, I'd love to learn.

I am planning to hike up to Lake Serene this sunday, I know it's pretty easy and I've done it a number of times before but I need to get back into conditioning for the bigger stuff. I'm also open to doing something else on Sunday.

Specifically, some goals I have is I'd like to climb Mt. index (never did that before, I did do Persis last summer), Mailbox Peak (did that last summer), and possibly Mt. Baker or Mt. St. Helens, depending on snow and weather conditions. I'd also be up to do Hood or Adams again. Also I am on a working vacation, so I will be available during weekdays as well as weekends.

Lastly, I'd like to take a good avalanche class and a good wilderness survival class, so if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears!

Thanks, and I look forward to climbing with you soon!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

move fast if there is still 1 spot available in this avy course ($200 which is a steal!), likely meet some folk in it, ready made partners to head out with, or maybe they have friends they can refer you to:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1093882/Searchpage/1/Main/90960/Words/avalanche/Search/true/Seattle_Mt_Rainier_Avalanche_C#Post1093882

Hello my name is Allen I am from the St. Louis area I just flew back home from a winter asscent of rainier witch due to weather and route conditions we were unable to summit. I am enclosing my email address maby we could climb together since we live so close. I have another climbing partner and we are always looking for a third. We intend to do the grand traverse this year in June and next December early January we will be heading to ecadour to bag a few peeks there. Hope to here from you soon.

Allen.

Allenkoe911@gmail.com