Cascades this weekend

Ian1216

I'm trying to get out this weekend. Ideally, I'd like to get on a big mountain in the North Cascades if weather and avy conditions allow. I 've gotten a fair amount of experience in the past few months since moving to Seattle and I'd be comfortable doing almost anything, so long as it's not way too technical. I have a decent amount of snow experience, and experience on a small glacier. I'd prefer to wake up early and do the whole climb in a single push, but I'd be down with camping also. At the moment forecasts are looking pretty good (especially Sunday) if nothing big changes, so please PM me if you want to climb this weekend. I'm free Friday night through Sunday night.

Edited by Ian1216

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be interested, though avy conditions may remain problematic. I'm only free on Sat, so that doesn't mesh well with Matt's schedule.

I've got a decent amount of rock, ice, and alpine experience. I'm traveling through Seattle at the moment, and I've left my screws and avy gear back East, which could be an issue for me.

I was thinking maybe Baker N. ridge, or Colfax peak N. Face.

Hey - I'm also looking for a partner for both Friday and Saturday night. Weather looks great for the whole weekend. My initial list of ideas are: Shuksan, Rainier, Buckner, Ice (anywhere, up to WI4+), Joffre/Matier (in BC). I'd be open to anything if I get no interest on my own advertisement, but would prefer to get one of the above listed ski objectives.

What is you method of travel? Skis? Snowshoes?

Dave