bottum 5 of 2012

alecapone

I walked over scree for 8 hours to a route that was also scree.

I spent 3 days scrubbing moss off a 10a crack only to find 10 feet of 12+ guarding the bottom of it.

Took a week off to go climbing and my partners bailed.

Number 4 and 5 were both your mom.

At least the number of moms is getting smaller as you mention more climbing.

And if Canucks didn't know how to do a short bolt ladder 99.5% would have missed the Grand Wall.

Edited by matt_warfield

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BACK on topic:

1 - A 15cm calf tear that kept me from running for 6 months.

2 - A $5000 medical bill for an ultrasound that confirmed said tear wasn't a deep venous thrombosis (fancy name for clot that can kill you). The bill should have been $150 so now I get to fight with health providers and insurance companies to straighten things out. It will probably be June, 2013 before the paperwork blizzard has cleared.

3 - Epic uphill, in the dark bushwhack from hell while lost in Cananuckistan. This caused us to change objectives but we still persevered to have an awesome adventure.

4 - Being psyched to climb with an old partner only to find he's two number grades stronger than me and does free-solo-warmups on my hardest routes. Ouch.

5 - Overloaded with two nearly full-time jobs during the best summer alpine rock weather window the Cascades has seen in a decade.

On the plus side, I found a new friend and climbing partner, stayed mostly injury-free outside the calf, and achieved the top 5 from the other thread.

Rad,

I am sorry for your calf injury, but feel some solace that it isn't a joint or a tendon or a ligament because 6 months is short for some of those injuries.

I can't advise you on medical bills. I have a few that I still owe money on. All I can say is :fahq: to some of them.

As far as your partner, I have always enjoyed climbing with those better than me. Nothing like a TR on a climb pretty much over your head.

And work almost always gets in the way of climbing your best.

Edited by matt_warfield