alecapone

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not about my approval Matt.

I just did not get it.

Now I do.

Sarcasm does not tend to translate well on the webs.

Thank you for humoring those less intelligent.

Happy New Year.

you are not alone Tyson. I also do not get it. But we are a simple lot. :)

My low point has got to be getting in a nasty verbal argument with a climbing partner. worth all 5 of the bottom 5.

Edited by genepires

funny, my high school guidance counselor said my problem was i didn't wanna-be nothing :)

ah, yes, mike reminds me of my #5 for the year, as i'd stalled out on 4

- impaling meself on a staub after a tiny fall on stone soup, finishing the last 4 pitches unable to determine what exactly i'd gored beneath my heavy pants and big wall harness, half-urking in the p-lot realizing my thigh looked rather like a healthy hunk of steak, then eschewing the emergency room and sleeping on me side all night so as not to have to hang out w/ meth-heads till 3 a.m.

meh, actually, in retrospect, it was kinda fun - more fun was the exotic locale in which i later removed the stitches :P

yos995.jpg

yos994.jpg

layton's stories are always good. dude, you should write a book! ;)

I'm writing the 2nd ed. but it's taking forever as I started from scratch...blank page #1 to about page 200 as I write. Should I add a humorous epic chapter, or would most people find that arrogant and self-serving?

Not about my approval Matt.

I just did not get it.

Now I do.

Sarcasm does not tend to translate well on the webs.

Thank you for humoring those less intelligent.

Happy New Year.

I aspire to 5.13 in sarcasm and dry humor to make up for my lacking in real climbing ability and the web is my current choice in lieu of face to face. Technology outspeeds our natural communication mechanisms sometimes.

Gene, I think I understand your situation. I just hope you or he/she were not on belay at the time.

I will add one more situation that was not the best. Going into the Enchantments to do Prusik and trying to "coach" on how to get in shape for the trip for all early summer and having one team member kind of sort of not do it, started to flag on the way in and I suggested he should just pitch his tent at Snow Lake and wait the trip out. He ended up making it to the basin at dark:30. Not my best compassionate moment.

Edited by matt_warfield

I aspire to 5.13 in sarcasm and dry humor

Perhaps you should give up your aspirations as most of your posts sound like they're written by an autistic 12 y/o high on crack.

is there an aid-equiavelent that he could aspire too then? a1, for example, recycling george carlin quotes? :)

so many haters out there....

Fair enough. But while my prose may frequently be in bad taste and unintelligent at best, at least I use sentences and have somewhat of a grasp of standard grammar. And I would think a reasonable person would be able to understand it; and perhaps even chuckle every now and then if they enjoy a good sheep fucking joke.

layton's stories are always good. dude, you should write a book! ;)

I'm writing the 2nd ed. but it's taking forever as I started from scratch...blank page #1 to about page 200 as I write. Should I add a humorous epic chapter, or would most people find that arrogant and self-serving?

Seems to me, you must include said chapter since climbing is entirely arrogant and self serving, no???

1, Stranding my buddie in mid-air in a botched rappel.

2. Paying an arm-length of slack to the falling leader, thinking he wanted slack

3.Yet another Gato attempt. I am catching up to Layton.

4. leading many a good folk down the wrong trail.

5. finding climbing partners, go figure?

As note in the other thread I did not get out as much as I would have like so fewer success and even fewer failures but this one had the potential:

Left Timberline headed for Illumination Rock for the night. Midway up the Magic Mile my partner starts to fad. Sure it is already dark and windy but we had hardly got going. He admits to staying up drinking until 3am the night before. So we bivy under the lift. At day break we wake up to the sound of a cat coming by then the lift starting up - we hustle out of there cause it is one thing to be caught by a cat drive but not making it up to the top of the lift before the skiers come by is another.

Fair enough. But while my prose may frequently be in bad taste and unintelligent at best, at least I use sentences and have somewhat of a grasp of standard grammar. And I would think a reasonable person would be able to understand it; and perhaps even chuckle every now and then if they enjoy a good sheep fucking joke. [/quote

Best to let creative types do it their way and the perfectionists do it their way. Sheep fuckers aside, we all communicate in our own way.

I am sorry if I added any turds to anyone's punchbowl.

Edited by matt_warfield

1. Not having much of a bottom list, guess I didn't push myself hard enough.

2. Trying to rip my little finger off my hand at work. Still fuckin hurts.

3. Watching this thread degenerate into a pissing match.

4. Getting lost on 3 climbs, but we still made it up something other than our objective and I enjoyed them.

5. Not making much progress on my list of climbs I really want to do. I ain't getting any younger.

4. Getting lost on 3 climbs, but we still made it up something other than our objective and I enjoyed them.

5. Not making much progress on my list of climbs I really want to do. I ain't getting any younger.

Nobody on this site has not been lost sometime, or if they haven't they should have.

Your little finger is the least important for climbing, its the ring finger and the bird finger that are important unless you are into wide then the skin gets really important.

Bird finger is important on the road or with an incompetent belayer.

And last I noticed, nobody is getting younger.

Edited by matt_warfield

Nobody on this site has not been lost sometime, or if they haven't they should have.

Your little finger is the least important for climbing, its the ring finger and the bird finger that are important unless you are into wide then the skin gets really important.

Bird finger is important on the road or with an incompetent belayer.

And last I noticed, nobody is getting younger.

Yeah but 3 times, almost in a row?

Thats what I thought, not any more.

I thought only immature 53 yearolds thought that!

The only peeps getting younger are the ones outclimbing me :(

Did any of you climb Horrible Mountain? I thought not.

Horrible Mountain

As a bonus you get to drive across Mt. Misery ( here and here ) on approach.

It's been suggested that I inadvertently photographed Mt. Misery's summit register: Misery summit register? I cannot confirm as I did not examine its contents.

Depending on your mood Horrible Mountain could go either way, good or bad. Plus no need to lug any burdensome climbing gear. Sturdy tires and a credit card will do the trick. One could easily take a six pack up to Horrible's summit.. which could moderate its horribleness...