[TR] Dragontail Peak - Triple Couloirs Ski 1/6/2013

telemarker

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this Dragontail descent has you beat for style points.

You mean Dragontailish descent, they started from the shoulder above Asgard Pass, not the summit. Still, really nice aerial shots of the NE Buttress area, thanks for posting that up.

Hey, thanks to the OP for posting this TR, great stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Somehow just seeing this now. The TAY story is an AMAZING report of an amazing achievement. The meat of the story is all in the runnels, so this is just as much an alpine story as a skiing story.

TWO failed anchors at night on a long steep route a long way from the road and no serious consequences? Your guardian angels were definitely working overtime. Glad you came out to tell the story.

2.5 min of paragliding isn't remotely in the same league IMHO.

Somehow just seeing this now. The TAY story is an AMAZING report of an amazing achievement. The meat of the story is all in the runnels, so this is just as much an alpine story as a skiing story.

TWO failed anchors at night on a long steep route a long way from the road and no serious consequences? Your guardian angels were definitely working overtime. Glad you came out to tell the story.

2.5 min of paragliding isn't remotely in the same league IMHO.

Hey thanks Rad. Reading it again seems like it happened a few years ago, although every time I bump my fingertip against the rock, it's a sharp reminder of the ordeal. I wonder how long frostbitten digits take to lose that sensitivity?