Partner for Wednesday 9 January

dave schultz

Looking for a partner for Wed 9 Jan. Looks like it'll be pretty warm on Tuesday, with a healthy amount of snow Tuesday and Wednesday. I'd like to get on any ice route, but not sure about Tuesday's warm temps ... Could also do some backcountry skiing at the passes (never skied there before) or would love to get back up to the Baker area, but not sure about the avi conditions ... Would be willing to give The Tooth a shot in these conditions if anyone was game ...

I could get started Tuesday night if that seems like the best course of action, but would prefer a simple day trip. I'll be coming from Everett and can drive, have a full rack, avi gear, WFR, beer, etc

Let's get out,

Dave

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,

I share your motivations—I want ice, ice!—but I think current WA conditions are gonna make that pretty unfeasible this week. Even the Tooth approach on Weds is gonna suffer from significant avy danger, IMHO.

I'd love to jet out to Hyalite for a few days. I think that's the best ice chance we've got.