alpine pants

bistro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I bought a pair of the afor mentioned soft shell pants.

The pants are for me sized a little large. I am a 33 so bought a Large size as the fit chart sets the waist at 32-34 inches.

Took them out for 2 hikes one on a day of about 15-20 degrees and another day around 40 degrees.

On the cold day there was a lite wind, fog and snow. The hike was about 1 mile and 1100 ft. gain and I hustled up to the top.

The pants breathed well, stopped the wind, and kept my legs and boots dry. They were warm, I did not wear thermals underneiht.

There are 3 zippered pockets 2 slanted hand pockets and 1 thigh pocket. They are wide and of good depth. The thigh pocket was not so deep that items in the pocket banged against my knee, and I did not have to bend over but slightly to reach my pick up key at the bottom of the thigh pocket. The cuffs are well sewn and have 2 snaps for adjusments and no built in gator or tie down loops The waist has 2 buttons for adjustment also. The material is stretchy and moves while high stepping. The legs hang straight and did not ride up and stayed where they belonged. There is no belt but ample belt loops that are very wide and the waist is high enough that the loops or the belt I wore did not interfere with my pack. The inside of the pants are micro fleece the shell is Shoeler Dry Skin.

On the warmer day,the pants vented very well and were comfortable. The pants never felt damp or clamy against my skin. The pants weigh around 18z

I am returning the pants and ordering another pair but smaller.

The pants were reasonably priced at $104.00

Edited by bistro