Where is the Outrage? part II.

Fairweather

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes why should a woman like Allison, with such refined tastes, be subject to such vile forms of entertainment. The Theatre is where she belongs *

*Stick your nose up in the air, ram something up your ass, and repeat the sentences in green with a super snotty British accent.

Here's an idea: why not leave me alone?

Never mind. I went to the website. It seems like a pretty stupid movie. Why do I want to go see a movie about why people are so scared in the U.S.? Sounds like a bunch of whiners. Live your fucking life and quite your bitching. None of the people I know live in fear. Weird.

That bank that gives away guns sounds cool, though.

More power to you guys that liked it, but I'm sure your politics jive with Michael Moore's. Whatever. I'll live my life and let all the whiners go see a movie about why they're so scared.

Edited by Greg_W

You should check it out - it's not really about guns, but folks perspective in the US. He does try to look at why we have like 300x more deaths by guns/per capita than comparable countries. Seems were quite the fearful population. No matter where you come from he tweaks your perspective.

Typical Michael Moore flick about social problems, pisses off a bunch of conservatives, while offering no realistic solution. Basically is conclusion is we should all move to Canada.

Sounds like it will just raise my blood pressure and kick Michael Moore's ass. I won't waste my time. Canada sucks (except for MEC, the mountains, and all the cool people that post on this site wink.gif)

DFA, it is not fear (for me anyway). It is the decision in my life that I will not allow life to roll over me like a wave. I don't believe that I have to step aside for anyone or stand idly by while someone violently impacts my life while I am helpless. I believe in protecting my family and I am VERY serious about it. Would-be victims use guns to prevent crimes 1.5 Million Times Per Year . More and more Americans carry guns for self-defense. Not because we're scared, but because we refuse to be afraid.

Iain - I don't know about straight out of the movie, but that's why I carry and I've read enough to know that's why many others carry too. Women gun-owners, and women applying for CCP's, are at an all-time high. Why? Because they're scared? No, I think it's because they refuse to be victims any longer. There's a difference; fear paralyzes, refusing to be a victim empowers.

Everyone wants to talk "fear." Let's talk about how politicians (from both sides) use fear and how the media sensationalizes to create fear. It's bullshit, if you ask me. They can't believe people would stand up for themselves so they have to label it something crippling, so they call it fear. It's not fear, it's determination.

(I know this will go in circles, so that's all I'll say.)*

*I reserve the right to jump back into the conversation if one of you pisses me off. grin.gif

Greg, you'll get no argument about politickoids and der Media profligating fear. That actually gets a little closer to the point; i.e. it's all the crap that gets thrown at you that causes the fear, which is usually totally illegitimate. An interesting fact from the movie was that while violent crime has gone down by about 20%, media coverage of violent crime (i.e. "if it bleeds, it leads") has gone up 600%. And who do you suppose is making good use of that fear? Why, look, it's our friends the politicians!