26 dead in Connecticut elementary school

kevbone

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It stops when it starts making sense.

It doesn't right now. At all.

The 'can't carry a pocket knife in England' (newsflash: a lot of US cities have a 3" blade ordinance - it doesn't seem to have c created the collapse of free society as we know it) sounds like another bullshit innernut soundbite...originating either from the NRA or the RNC, probably. Like all that shit about how wonderful and free Switzerland is.

Look, gun control is coming. Civilization will not end. Your life will not change significantly (if it does, you probably needed a new one, anyway). Get used to the idea. It's time.

Finally.

If you live in such a shithole that you're worried about being attacked in your home, get a shotgun, or how about a fucking dog, and STFU already. Or get some psychiatric help if the paranoia's that bad. The rest of us are tired of paying the price for your craziness. Yeah, that AR15 was fun to shoot. Tough toenails.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

If you live in such a shithole that you're worried about being attacked in your home, get a shotgun, or how about a fucking dog, and STFU already. Or get some psychiatric help if the paranoia's that bad. The rest of us are tired of paying the price for your craziness. Yeah, that AR15 was fun to shoot. Tough toenails.

What price are you paying? If anyone here has paid a price it is me volunteering so you can be an asshat on the ineterwebz. How about you go get a shrink if you are so worried about getting shot by one of dem evil black gunz. And move to Europe, they have a wonderfull little utopia of gun control.

Is this how spray is supposed to go? Is kind of a good time in here.

Meh, probably right. I sure as hell don't have to like it though and see it as a clear errosion of rights. It is just like the Westboro Baptist idiots, I hate their message, but support their right to do it.

Sooo....where were you when:

We got rid of habeas corpus, tortured people, kidnapped people and sent them to countries that torture, put the entire US population under surveillance, militarized our police, denied 6% of the population the right to marry, restricted a woman's right to choose, expedited deportations....

Now that the gun thing is upon us (took the deaths of a bunch of kindergarteners to even discuss it seriously...Christ), the Tighties who voted for Bush are all screaming their heads off.

I mean, cry me a fucking river. The Right in this country doesn't give two shits about human rights. Quite the opposite.

I don't give two shits whether or not you volunteer to go on the latest military adventure in some shithole we shouldn't be in. That's your decision and your problem. I'd rather you weren't there at all - you just seem to be fucking the place up more than it is already.

You'll leave Asscrackistan or wherever and the place will snap back to normal - if your presence hasn't made it worse, that is. It will be like you were never there.

The line that you're making me or anyone else here safer is a joke at this point, and pretty much everybody, including you, I'd wager, fucking well knows it.

Welcome to being a tool of the State.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

The price we're all paying is opening up the paper and reading about 20 dead kids. So that some fucking tools can own their assault rifles.

Unless your a psychopath, shit like that makes everyone's life worse. It makes the world a worse place to live in.

So where is your outrage and demanding of strict driving laws? Lowering speed limits, breathalyzer ignition systems on cars. Car accidents kill more kids in a year than guns ever have and ever will. All so some ass hat can go party it up in a bar or own that fast car. :rolleyes:

And your other post? Do you think I am happy about any of that shit?

We did something about drunk driving - with harsher penalties, more DUI patrols, and a NOT COOL change in attitude towards it (designated driver, etc). It worked: drunk driving is down by half in the past 2 decades. BTW - people convicted of a DUI ARE often required to have a breathalizer ignition - that's already in place, at least here in WA.

We also mandated safer cars and roads in general.

We can do the same for gun violence.

Good example, actually.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I don't give two shits whether or not you volunteer to go on the latest military adventure in some shithole we shouldn't be in or not. That's your decision and your problem. I'd rather you weren't there at all - you just seem to be fucking the place up more than it is already.

You'll leave Asscrackistan or wherever and the place will snap back to normal - if your presence hasn't made it worse, that is. It will be like you were never there.

The line that you're making me or anyone else here safer is a joke at this point, and pretty much everybody, including you, I'd wager, fucking well knows it.

Welcome to being a tool of the State.

So are you saying that the US military does not make our country safer? Hmmm never even thought of that, I guess we should just disolve it then right?

We did something about drunk driving - with harsher penalties, more DUI patrols, and a NOT COOL change in attitude towards it (designated driver, etc). It worked: drunk driving is down by half in the past 2 decades. BTW - people convicted of a DUI ARE often required to have a breathalizer ignition - that's already in place, at least here in WA.

We also mandated safer cars and roads in general.

We can do the same for gun violence.

Good example, actually.

And yet, cars kill more people every year than guns do and we aren't looking to restrict them more?

We have over 20,000 gun laws on the books, how many of those laws do criminals follow? Look at Mexico, draconian gun laws, super safe, hardly any gun murders down there. :rolleyes:

Nope. The military did make us safer in WWII. After that, the jury's out.

We need an offensive military to keep our economic empire afloat, plain and simple. If it was just about defense, we wouldn't have a military thats...let me see, larger than the next 14 nations combined, would we?

No. No we wouldn't.

Exactly

The military is also taking up the slack on unemployment. Essentially, its a welfare program right now.

We could, and should, cut the hell out of it - but in a phased way that doesn't shock the economy too much. We'll need to change our economic and foreign policies as well, however.

We won't do any of that, but I can always dream.

We have over 20,000 gun laws on the books, how many of those laws do criminals follow? Look at Mexico, draconian gun laws, super safe, hardly any gun murders down there.

Any comparision with first world countries with funcitonal governments - Yes! We are by far the winners of the murder rate per captia. Great. We're tied with the likes of Columbia.

And yet, cars kill more people every year than guns do and we aren't looking to restrict them more?

We have over 20,000 gun laws on the books, how many of those laws do criminals follow? Look at Mexico, draconian gun laws, super safe, hardly any gun murders down there. :rolleyes:

You should compare the U.S. to other developed nations, not third-world countries embroiled in government corruption and drug wars. If you compare every other developed nation on the planet, they have stricter gun laws and fewer gun crimes (even switzerland).

This discussion about car deaths is just a distraction. Are you saying we should ignore homicides unless it's the number 1 killer? I'm all for stricter driving laws, too. But that's another conversation, I don't know why so many people try to distract the argument with useless charts about tobacco deaths and drunk driving. WTF, it's the logical equivalent of "hey look, over there!" Just distraction from the uncomfortable truth -- we have more guns than ANY of our peers, and more gun crime. Our peers have successfully restricted guns and reduced gun crime. Do cars ALSO kill people? Yes. One thing at a time, eh? Imagine how many more people would die in cars if they were as unregulated as guns.

what a jerk-off session this is turning into. This isn't fucking rocket science.

Criminals pay VERY close attention to gun laws - as my bro the public defender can tell you. Ain't nobody out there that takes a 3 strikes felony weapons charge lightly - that is a myth.

Ganstas balance personal safety in the street with the risk of getting busted with a weapons charge. They are as rational as we are - it's just a different environment with a different set of rules.