26 dead in Connecticut elementary school

kevbone

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little fun fact: how much additional cost does it take to own an RPG and what additional registration does it take?

cost of RPG, plus $200 tax stamp cost filed with a form 4 or form 1 to the BATFE that has two fingerprint cards, two passport photos and the form 1/4 has to be signed off by the chief law enforcement officer for your area. The $200 tax stamp and all of the paper work is also for each round.

so...where can i buy one (legally) today?

does the atf let me have my own explosives? a nuke, shoudl i care to create one?

Not sure where you can buy one, you can buy a 37mm "flare gun" that is an M-203 knockoff. Each round you fire will be considered a destructive device and will be subject to the $200 tax stamp and paperwork.

And clearly a nuke is in a class of it's own, with the fall out and such. Not really safe to fire those off anywhere in the world as it effects all of us. But I like how the left likes to chime in with that one. Seems to be the favorite comeback of gun haters.

And as far as explosives, get the right licenses and sure, they will allow you to have them. Look up tannerite.

I have been around guns my entire life and don't see any reason to limit use by law abiding citizens any further than they are already limited. I just wonder, where will it stop? Would you be happy with zero guns of any kind, or just the "scary looking" ones. Have you ever shot a gun or been around guns? If not, I'd be more than happy to take anyone out who wants to shoot and see what it's all about.

Little fun fact: how much additional cost does it take to own an RPG and what additional registration does it take?

cost of RPG, plus $200 tax stamp cost filed with a form 4 or form 1 to the BATFE that has two fingerprint cards, two passport photos and the form 1/4 has to be signed off by the chief law enforcement officer for your area. The $200 tax stamp and all of the paper work is also for each round.

does the atf let me have my own explosives? a nuke, shoudl i care to create one?

you do enough damage with power drills, SON!

you do enough damage with power drills, SON!

funny, 'cuz every bolt i put in still manages to be mangier n' a 3$ mongolian-whore :)

i had a wierd gun-education - 3rd generation military - father a champion marksman to boot - guns all over the house, but never much discussed - the misfortune i wrought alone w/ a mere air-rifle too ruinous to discuss even now - i doh't pretend any solution would put a huge hurt on mass-shootings, which is really the best any true-believing libtard could hope for - we don't seem to have a lot of problems w/ mass bombings in our nation, so the regulations in place seem to be working pretty well there - doesn't seem like serious semi-automatics are that far oughta reach, but then its clear no solution can avoid grandfathering the gigantic goddamn backload of such weapons already on the street - i'm quick to arrive at the cynical notion that we won't be much able to do more than keep shit-to-shoe-level for another generation, but that alone is a pretty noble ambition...

funny, 'cuz every bolt i put in still manages to be mangier n' a 3$ mongolian-whore :)

i had a wierd gun-education - 3rd generation military - father a champion marksman to boot - guns all over the house, but never much discussed - the misfortune i wrought alone w/ a mere air-rifle too ruinous to discuss even now - i doh't pretend any solution would put a huge hurt on mass-shootings, which is really the best any true-believing libtard could hope for - we don't seem to have a lot of problems w/ mass bombings in our nation, so the regulations in place seem to be working pretty well there - doesn't seem like serious semi-automatics are that far oughta reach, but then its clear no solution can avoid grandfathering the gigantic goddamn backload of such weapons already on the street - i'm quick to arrive at the cynical notion that we won't be much able to do more than keep shit-to-shoe-level for another generation, but that alone is a pretty noble ambition...

And our culture, including video games has NOTHING to do with the problem :rolleyes:

[video:youtube]3CtNizllWfk

Bet some of you have kids with this app and you don't even know it

we don't seem to have a lot of problems w/ mass bombings in our nation, so the regulations in place seem to be working pretty well there

The special anti-mass bombing regulations? Anyone with their head off of their desk in high school chemistry could build a pretty heinous bomb in short order. But why spend the time when you can just grab a gun?

We also don't a have mass bombing bomb industry, and mass bombing video games where you mass bomb things, and movies where the hero mass bombs a bunch of shit while you eat popcorn. Mass bombs are impersonal unless they blast the hero as well. How am I supposed to get my vicarious first person righteous kill?

And our culture, including video games has NOTHING to do with the problem :rolleyes:

i've always thought this argument particularly silly - for christ's sake, my beloved beowulf, the first work of the english language, more than a millenium old, is drenched in blood and battle - the fucking bible is filled w/ violent filth - early americans murdered natives by the boatload - our recent ancestors broke people on racks and burned their enemies in big public galas - humans today are not so different form the past, filled w/ ugliness as well as beauty - what's changed is our ability to project both of those qualities upon the world.

besides, as a fervent anti-communist, aren't you incredibly suspicious of any government intentionally setting out to change human nature? of a 'great leap forward' orchestrated by politicians? seems to me gov's job isn't to change people so much as to find ways for them all to get along w/ a minimum of disaster and a max of happiness...

As typical republifuck brainwashed buttfuck you can only point out the least important? Having 2 live televised wars waged by your beloved conservatives and seeing people blown up to pieces live on TV is of course an American thing to do and has nothing to do with the problem.

i've always thought this argument particularly silly -

Maybe you should rethink it you know, just for a few fucking minutes instead of your typical "I've decided everything" knee-jerk response?

This is not Beowulf, it's a game designed to further gun culture and the "fun" in discharging a weapon. Then there are games that further the "fun" of shooting and killing things.

(aside: there is nothing "fun" about Beowulf - probably why about 0.01% of American kids have read it compared to 99.9% who play shooter games)

Nah, no effect on a person whatsoever.

... it's a game designed to further gun culture and the "fun" in discharging a weapon.

i thought the vast majority of 2nd amendment supporters were all about the fun of target shooting? who am i or you to tell old boys they ought not be able to fire up cut-out figures of the obama-llama, so long as they don't take steps to realize the fantasy? is it wrong to daydream of killing all the dipshits you're surrounded by on a daily basis so long as it stays just that, a dream? fucksakes, who can control their dreams anyway?

99.99% of folks play "grand theft auto" and watch "the godfather" and don't go gunning down their whole school - those who do go ape-shit and do shoot a shitload of folks don't all spend their time in front of their xbox either - your connection between the two things is mighty tenuous (and you miss my earlier point entirely, we've always been immersed in a culture that glorified violence and prized him that could wreck the most havoc) - the connection between mass-shootings and modern weaponry however is pretty damn clear. in the perfect world, all constitutional problems aside, which do you think would better reduce gun violence: a return to 1791 personal artillery or a giant government agency to provide oversight and ensure that all american media be disney-ified?

Mankind has been violent for centuries. What is worse: getting your head cut off by a guillotine, being stoned, being burned at the stake, stabbed with a sword, hit with a cannonball, shot with a musket or revolver, blown up with a bomb, tortured, beaten with fists, getting shanked in prison with an improvised device or be a random or targeted victim of modern gunfare.

Normal is a setting on the wash machine and will never apply to human beings. Outliers will ALWAYS find a way to be violent.

But I am watching Rambo III so I plead guilty of temporary insanity due to video exposure.

Edited by matt_warfield

again, the conversation de jour ain't about changing violent human nature, it's about trying to take said nature into account when creating law so as to limit the carnage. many of the things you list there matt weren't the product of individual loonies, but were madness on a grand scale, which is a different kettle of fish - huge crowds wanting to burn n' lynch are of course going to do more damage, but the 8th amendment's done a good bit to make that nasty manifestation disappear.

We watch the same movies in Canada, we watch the same TV shows in Canada, we play the same video games in Canada. Hell, a sizeable proportion of those movies and TV shows and video games are written and/or produced by Canadians, in Canada. And yet, despite spending our entire lives wallowing in exactly the same "culture" as our American brethren, we're no-where near as likely to kill one another. Guns, knives, baseball bats, hockey sticks, you name it, we just don't take up weapons against one another with anything approaching the enthusiasm of Americans. If the popular culture is responsible for the mayhem, then why isn't the mayhem rate just as high on this side of the border as on your side? Clearly there's something else going on: the "guns don't kill people - video games kill people" argument is BS.

We watch the same movies in Canada, we watch the same TV shows in Canada, we play the same video games in Canada. Hell, a sizeable proportion of those movies and TV shows and video games are written and/or produced by Canadians, in Canada. And yet, despite spending our entire lives wallowing in exactly the same "culture" as our American brethren, we're no-where near as likely to kill one another. Guns, knives, baseball bats, hockey sticks, you name it, we just don't take up weapons against one another with anything approaching the enthusiasm of Americans. If the popular culture is responsible for the mayhem, then why isn't the mayhem rate just as high on this side of the border as on your side? Clearly there's something else going on: the "guns don't kill people - video games kill people" argument is BS.

what are the basic gun law differences between our two nations? my understanding was that there's not too much?

I call BS on this argument.

BTW I never said video games cause people to commit these acts, however, but maintain that they certainly contribute to a GUN CULTURE, which, in its totality does seem to contribute to these mass killings. And look at the PARTICULAR game I posted a link too. I'm not talking about Space Invaders here.

but how does canada have less of a gun culture then us?

One of the problems is that Canada remains under the radar because, well, they are Canada, not unlike many other counries. (Well, maybe a few are alike). We, as Masters of the Universe (China is on our tails) take the credit or the blame for this shit but we in the US have the unique position of being between Canada and Mexico and are conflited.

Assault weapons should be banned but so should coke and heroin. Oh, I understand that copious amounts of those drugs and apparently any firearm you can afford are available.

There is no law that will prevent crime for sure. Forever.

Edited by matt_warfield

what are the basic gun law differences between our two nations? my understanding was that there's not too much?

I think you're probably right. Any gun-control law in Canada probably has a close equivalent in the US. But in the US it seems that most gun control laws also include loopholes almost big enough to drive an Abrams tank through. That's possibly the single biggest difference - we don't have loopholes everywhere, so gun owners have to deal with the laws as they were written. And waiting periods - we have those, too. I don't know how long they are, but more than 48 or 72 hours - more in the range of a few weeks for handguns I think.

But the end result in terms of gun ownership isn't that huge. The last numbers I saw indicated the percentage of the population who own guns in Canada is about 1/3 that of the US. I suspect the average number of guns owned per gun owner is lower in Canada, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that assumption is totally wrong. When he was making Bowling For Columbine, Michael Moore originally came north to show an example of a country very similar to the US but without all the guns. When he got here he was surprised to find the stats on gun ownership were far different from what he expected. "There are more guns in Canada than there are hockey sticks" was his quip, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually true. The biggest difference is that we just use them on one another far less frequently, and I've never heard a convincing explanation as to why that should be. I keep coming back to the idea that if it's easier for the average person to get hold of a gun, then it's also going to be easier for the nutcase to get hold of one, simply because there's so many more of the things floating around. And when nutcases can easily get their hands on guns, lots of people are probably going to die.

I just watched a drug show where they document BC Bud from Canada (hint: high THC) and separately from the south we get a lot of meth and heroin from Mexico (via Afghanistan). The BC Bud guy could only carry 60 lbs. (worth 250K) across the vast border. What a pussy. How many on this site have carried more for nothing or less.

My point is: gangsters and drug dealers shoot you if you get in the way and it could be in BC or Hawaii when in the midst of a pot farm or in Afghanistan near a poppy farm or near any smuggling operation anywhere. Nutcases are different: they shoot anyone anywhere without principle. The word for them is opportunity.

Edited by matt_warfield