Justice at last

gertlush

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No poutine for you, Rob!

Anyone else notice Metalica is now on spotify? Who woulda thunk.

Metallica used to be immune to media since they are the BEST but also denied us the ability to freely hear them online. It is the challenge of the interweb: pricing free exposure versus charging for everyting. It is V9 marketing.

Edited by matt_warfield

Some quotes from the article, just for TTK:

“I think the film helped remind everyone that Rush has been an important band in their lives,” Dunn said. “I think also, the film showed it’s not just the nerdy, pimply, ‘Dungeons and Dragons’-playing male audiences that we long assumed was the entirety of the Rush fan base.

“Young people, old people and increasingly women are coming to Rush shows and I think realizing there’s more to Rush than just 13-minute prog epics. There’s some really good lyrics in there, there’s some great melodies and there’s some really catchy material as well.”

Yeah, it's like, not all Dungeons and Dragons, dude. The lyrics are also about stuff, like Magic: The Gathering, and stuff, you know, like Ayn Rand, and uh, uh, did you see that way cool dragon at the start of the show?! Whoa dude! And then they went right into Limelight, awesome! Best. Lyrics. Ever. Yeah, and he brought out that same drum kit from like, 2112, man... that's my favorite, fukin rawwwwwked!!!

:moondance:

From memories of high school days, Rush had a big fan group wider than the D&D crowd. Babe repellent maybe :grlaf:

In any case they deserve a spot. While not my total favorite, there are lots of bands in the hall that were big names at one point in time. Back when Arena Rock was da bomb

10,000 times better than REO Speedwagon

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCeGCSvueM8

Yeah, it's like, not all Dungeons and Dragons, dude. The lyrics are also about stuff, like Magic: The Gathering, and stuff, you know, like Ayn Rand, and uh, uh, did you see that way cool dragon at the start of the show?! Whoa dude! And then they went right into Limelight, awesome! Best. Lyrics. Ever. Yeah, and he brought out that same drum kit from like, 2112, man... that's my favorite, fukin rawwwwwked!!!

Guaranteed that you listen to total shit. Just sayin'.

Rush finally scores

Movie helps nerdy band draw female fans

“Every night after the show, girls would line up,” says [Gene] Simmons. “None of the Rush guys ever [hooked up]. I never understood it. I said, ‘They’re not gay. Farm animals? No, that’s not it. What the f - - k did you do back at your hotel?’”

As we see in the film, out now on DVD, the Rush guys — bassist Geddy Lee, guitarist Alex Lifeson and drummer Neil Pert, who play Jones Beach on Saturday — spent their time watching TV, reading books and generally being huge dorks.

:lmao:

Rush has 19 studio albums. Their lyrics cover just about any topic imaginable - far beyond 2112-type/sci-fi material. But of course, they stay away from what 90% of pop music covers ad nauseam, so I suppose that can be, umm, challenging for some of you types.