• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Farley

[TR] Lookout Mt. Lookout - 12/8/2012

Trip: Lookout Mt. Lookout -

Date: 12/8/2012

Trip Report:

Two friends and I went up to Lookout Mt. Lookout for the weekend. We were excited to get into the mountains as two of us have had little break for fun in the last month or two. The large amounts of snow and low temps made for some great down hill skiing and some horrific skinning. With so much un-consolidated snow it took us much longer to get to the lookout than we had anticipated.

We got to the TH at 9:15, left the car at 9:30 @ 1,300 ft. We were skinning at 2,000 ft. The ~5 miles and 4500 ft that has taken snowshoers 4 hours took us almost 9. Two of us have been there before and we were on route the whole time. We took turns breaking trail and becoming exhausted, skied into the dark and arrived at ~6:30.

We ate, drank and were in bed by 8:30. We ran two three laps on Lookout on Sunday and headed down. The descent took two hours.

IMG_26911.jpg

IMG_26973.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_27282.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

Gear Notes:

Avi gear, skis

Approach Notes:

Park a few miles up Cascade River Road

all day miserable ascent through bottomless fluff? sounds familiar! think we managed to get a bunch drunker that evening than ya'll though :)

shiiiiiit, if it weren't for you red-neck white-boys, my ass would still be struggling to reach the damn hut :)

i do look forward to going back someday when i can actually see the vistas :P