army of one (baby jeebus)

ivan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me the Free Mason thing was a joke.

I don't want my view of humanity lowered any further.

Watch "Less than Zero" or "Alive" if you want your view to go lower. Or just watch Congress try to get anything done.

Jeebus not involved as far as we know.

Edited by matt_warfield

If he doesn't have to pay for legit med reasons than so be it. I wonder though if he would have been able to be re-evaluated and possibly get his commision. Shit, there is an acceptance to policy for everything in the Military.

Dude, no the Mason thing wasn't a joke. It is a bit bigger back east. We call them ring knockers, and I have straight up had a 1st Sergeant come in and say that if you aren't a Mason you will not be a Platoon Sergeant in his company.

I saw kids lose it at USNA - including two roommates and a couple of friends. Our company commander lost it the year he was supposed to graduate - in front of the entire brigade of 4000, no less. He was a Texan from a small town that was undoubtedly proud of him. Not the brightest guy - he struggled to make passing grades and it finally got the best of him perhaps. I guess I've got a soft spot for kids who go that route. A lot do at the academies. Its heartbreaking to watch, but perhaps hard to relate to unless you've seen it happen up close and personal.

So, if he already wasn't going to graduate, then how did he resign? Doesn't this seem like quitting after being fired? Sounds like he was pissed off about getting shit-canned and made up a political ploy.

Oh and Tvash, he 'almost' achieved something I haven't done. He will never accomplish what I have and even if he DID graduate, I would still have more education than he. I suppose he will get a book deal out of it but if your dignity is that cheap, what do you really have to be proud of?

Dude, no the Mason thing wasn't a joke. It is a bit bigger back east. We call them ring knockers, and I have straight up had a 1st Sergeant come in and say that if you aren't a Mason you will not be a Platoon Sergeant in his company.

Aren't the Masons a Christian organization? Doesn't sound too different than what happened to this kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Granted, it was a while ago, but when I was in the Army a 'ringknocker' was a west point grad. And I never heard one single mention of masons the entire time I was in.