army of one (baby jeebus)

ivan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even back in the day, Woops were the thumpinest of the service academies by far. The Army has got some serious Christerbaters running the show. That might have something to do with the bang up job they've done losing just about every war in, oh, the past half century or so.

The AF Academy's located in the heart of Jebus' Eagle's Nest, but the core is gay enough to balance that shit out a bit.

Squids just like to drink and fuck too much for wholesale conversion, although there are pockets of the cult in nearly every company there. I can remember one straight A kid, bound for nuke subs, yelling "Allelujah, Armageddon is coming! I can FEEL it!". That's no shit. Um...the rest of us actually like the world.

Seriously though,I have not been discriminated against once for not believing in a god or not being religious.

i suspect ye ain't moving in the circle of them brass-ring toting cluster-fuckers who are handing down the orders-of-the-day though?

a boomer-captain alone of the uber-christian sort is creepy enough...

Kinda hypocritical to cast aspersions about another's oath while reneging on your contract and your own sworn oath.... Just saying.

can't recall swearing any oath lately, 'cept the ones y-day morning when i couldn't find my keys, so whatchu' getting at willis?

ah, i see. so...what would have been a better way to draw attention to and protest the conquest of one of our most sacrosanct secular institutions by the scourge of the Shaved Men? doesn't seem so hard to see sacrificing your career and hard-won appointment to an august body to gain public awareness as an example of the ideals in that oath to protect the constitution against all enemies...

ah, i see. so...what would have been a better way to draw attention to and protest the conquest of one of our most sacrosanct secular institutions by the scourge of the Shaved Men? doesn't seem so hard to see sacrificing your career and hard-won appointment to an august body to gain public awareness as an example of the ideals in that oath to protect the constitution against all enemies...

Seems like he was there for 4 years, had plenty of time to se what it was like. If he truly felt the calling to serve his country, he could have simply declined his commission and served as an infantryman. Personally, the timing seems a little suspect; as he is likely only 4-6 months away form an Afghanistan rotation.

Knowing what WPers are like takes about 13 seconds of time spent around a WPer. They are self-interesting, career-minded narcissistic asshats who would sacrifice their men to the last in order to make a rank one day above their classmates.

The last commander I had was from WP and was an atheist, so not really too sure why this guy is flipping his lid. I personally think that he didn't think his life choices out thoroughly and now regrets it. Unfortunately, this day in age allows for such a lack in intestinal fortitude. God forbid he stick to a commitment.

I think the fancy uniforms and regal history sucked him in until the thought of getting blown up in a God forsaken shit-hold sunk in and he found the only self-righteous and "respectable" out.

MOO, but its probably the truth.

Personal accountability is a bitch.

i of course couldn't' begin to say, having no more info than contained in the link - i'm not inclined, however, to see this boy as a coward, as his act seems more brave than the contary - christ, how dangerous could afghansitan really be for an officer type in what is likely to be the last (or damn close to it) year in which the us army continues to muck about in that clam-lappers paradise? at any rate, my interest in the story is the general concern of wishing to keep all of our civil institutions secular.

old army-family talking here, so don't get the wrong idea - done spent the first 16 years of my life living in godawful paint-schemed military housing :)

Its been really fucking dangerous lately actually. Fucker are just booby trapping the whole country. Most injuries we have seen are genital and leg amputations. Tack that with the ANP shooting us in the back and you have a hell of a shit storm.

I just think it is odd that he couldn't see these careerist fucks for what they are, I don't know, 4 years ago? Timing seems a little off. Also, if he were committed to the cause enough to be a combat leader, would you let something as silly as this dissuade you or would you just find another way to get there?

Fishier than 2 day old Cod in July.

sure, coulda seen it 4 years ago, but young men, like any age people really, often are willing to put up w/ bucket-loads of bullshit before hitting the breaking-point, jah?

a lost expense for the nation surely, but if that is the cost of the general goal of keeping us on the constant course of a jesus-free gendarme, i'm generally content. hope this kid is able to make do at any rate...

Unless the rules of the military academies have radically changed, the cadet will have to serve as an enlisted man rather than an officer - so there go the 'coward' and 'oath' arguments.

You cannot resign from a military academy after your second year without incurring mandatory service in the grunt ranks - which only ups the cadets odds of getting whacked in a war zone, no?

This makes the cadet's protest very costly from a personal standpoint, and therefore quite selfless and brave, regardless of how one feels about the point object of that protest.

It's standard procedure for folks who are way out front on an important issue - and the Christianization of the Army's officer core is certainly important, to suffer personal attacks on their character and motivations from the general dogpile. Maj. Margaret Witt took similar personal attacks from some jaggoff on this site when that was a big story. The inevitability of public vilification make such acts of protest are daunting even for the hardest nuts. Few folks have that in them.

Sounds like Afghanistan is what it's always been throughout recent history - a predictable, utter waste of people and resources for any occupier stupid enough to take it on. And let's here it for the Surge! Patreaus' Vanity Project really calmed things down over there. The attack stats have gone through the roof since we Surged On In - with no abatement in sight. You've also got to love how the Wars on Drugs and Terror play together so nicely in Afghanistan. One policy helps keep the other policy going - although certainly not by design, I'd wager.

Yes, we really got our money's worth over there. So much safer now.

Now let's cut Medicare.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

He was already NOT getting his commision because of anxiety and clinical depression. And if he did turn down his commision, he just recieved an ivy league education (equivelent) on the tax payer dime and is giving nothing in return.

If you want to know who the true click-ish problems are in the .Mil it is all of the Free Masons, who happen to be black. They are the only ones who have not even attempted to hide discrimination, they just do it openely.

He was already NOT getting his commision because of anxiety and clinical depression. And if he did turn down his commision, he just recieved an ivy league education (equivelent) on the tax payer dime and is giving nothing in return.

If you want to know who the true click-ish problems are in the .Mil it is all of the Free Masons, who happen to be black. They are the only ones who have not even attempted to hide discrimination, they just do it openely.

:lmao:

Well, his medical condition is new information - seems like it really manifest itself after his dad killed himself the year before - pretty much the soundest indication that his clinical depression just may have had some real genetic basis. Here's some more - he came to West Point from the enlisted ranks, so there, again, goes the 'coward' theory.

Sounds like the kid had some tough breaks and genetics, and he's just trying to make it all mean something. Who knows? Frankly, if I went to West Point to get out of the grunt ranks, and West Point said, 6 months before graduation "BTW, you're going back to being a grunt", I might be inclined to say FU as well. Kinda puts a new light on the 'renig' argument, no?

In any case, there are probably worse crimes against humanity out there. The kid went though nearly 4 years of grueling military academy - something neither AK or PissDog have accomplished.

Edited by tvashtarkatena