[TR] RMNP Colorado - Petit Grepon 8/31/2008

Trip: RMNP Colorado - Petit Grepon

Date: 8/31/2008

Trip Report:

I am just exercising my right to report on this climb from a previous date. I have no pictures since my camera and pictures were stolen by prostitutes in Seattle. Don't ask.

You can get a picture on the interweb. It is one of the 50 Classics so a lineup is usual. But it is spectacular climbing up great and exposed 5.8+ to one of the tiniest summits around. About 3 feet wide. It is definitely not the time to trip on your shoelaces.

My first attempt was aborted but I felt it necessary to return as RMNP is one of my favorite places on earth and I was determined and was successful on return. The ravens have learned how to pull zippers on your pack so it takes about as much time to secure your gear as climb the rock. It takes snafflehound in a whole different direction.

Just like on TV where they say they will double the offer (just pay a bunch of processing and handling), I will add a second segment and not charge P + H.

Syke's Sickle on Spearhead:

It was another long day car to car event. As usual in CO, you do an alpine start so you can get off the rock before lightning happens.

5.7 at 6:00 a.m. is surprisingly challenging. But the crux on Syke's is a devious layback, stem, overhang challenge. It is like Cirque du Soleil in a harness at 12000 ft. Finished by a delicate traverse with one bolt.

I sure wish I had pictures but like I said I was compromised and I lost pictures of them as well. :tup::noway:

Edited by matt_warfield

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I am current with all and my credit report hasn't been affected.

On the same trip I got accidentally locked out of my condo in Estes Park in only my boxers.

After Alabama rolls Notre Dame I may finish the story.

Petit Grepon should be climbed by anybody in the vicinity.

So much good climbing in RMNP.

Edited by matt_warfield