Lillooet Ice Maps

LYleK

Hopefully most who were at the 2001 Lillooet Ice Fest have received a copy of the ice maps. Sorry they're late. And now I've moved from the area so wanted to get that monkey off my back. Bad monkey.

And I apologize for the poor kwal, but it'll get you to the routes. The mapper didn't get to my last round of changes, so there's a few glaring errors. And there's a few others that Dru will obsess over for a few months (yes, Lone Star is there). Dru, I'll send you two copies of the south map 'cause I know you'll wear one out right away (though you've got access to a big printer for a few more months...). Fern, it would be appreciated if you wouldn't post an electronic copy of the maps as I'd still like to flog the rights, thanks. No probs with the occasional photocopy, though.

I only made enough copies for the icefest participants, so don't have any extras to sell. The maps that get returned will be put in a box at a strategic location in Lillooet (I'll ask the Olexsons at the Esso station when I'm there this weekend). I'll put the names of the maps I get back on this site. So far it's been Rebecca Goulding, Colin Woolridge, Jeff RAbinovitch, Kelly Franz, Kathy Banks, Steve Pakulak, Graeme Taylor, and Mike Meitner (all BC). I'd imagine the US ones may start coming back this week.

Too bad the season sucks so far...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New returns today:

Howie Harshaw, Nicole Acerra, Jon Cornforth, John Kamineik (sp?), Isabel Buelke, Brett Millard . Also, if anyone has an address for Dave Sulina, John Howe, Lisa Rae, or K. Grunenberg it would be appreciated.

Edited by LYleK

Just relieved to have it off my to do list bigdrink.gif, even it's only a copy. Maybe one day it'll be a real map. Dru's already on me about inconsistencies, so here's my first addendum to address the glaring errors tongue.gif

Legend Box (dru's catch) grin.gif

Length of Season is either S = Short, R = Regular, L = Long in the tables. The legend shows Normal where it should be R = Regular.

North Map cantfocus.gif

Vertical text box near the "D" on the left side should indicate that mileage starts at the Bridge River Bridge near Lillooet, not the Seton River Bridge.

South Map evils3d.gif

Okay, this one's got some fuck-ups. I had a lot of changes to be made, but they never made it to the sheet.

1. The following routes should be marked with a *, as I couldn't figure out where they should be on the map. I think most of these are fairly close, though:

a. Duffey's Delight

b. The Waiting Game

c. Cowabunga Dude

d. Gung Hai Fat Choi

e. Cut Throat

2. Mixing With Mike show ups in the table but not on the map. It's up near Duffey's Delight , but I couldn't quite figure out where;

3. The Straw, same as MWM;

4. Lost Boys shows up on the map near Three Ring Circus but is unlabelled. All of the text was taken off the map. The climb still shows up on the map where I thought it might be, but I didn't want any lost boys or girls out there;

5. Polish Sausage and Cunning Runt are closely associated with the Rambles, but this area needs a detailed topo to show exactly where the are. Cunning Runt is still in the table.

LILLYWET ICE DANCERS

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

NORTH MAP: Hangin on a Heartbeat WI6+ is not shown. It is not near the other Marble Canyon routes but is found 45minutes to an hours hike up Dreamweaver Gully*, and (correct me if Im wrong on this Lyle) cannot be seen from the road or approach. Happy sloggin'?

* If you don't know where this is, look in Lyle's guidebook, "Central BC Rock".

Ice Snafuhound snaf.gif

Yep, it's not quite on the mapsheet, it's a steep slog but sounds like it's worth it. I was there in the summer and stopped at the base of the weep for a break. An airline luggage tag fell off my pack. So when Iain et al went in for the FA they found the tag and thought I'd scooped 'em.

Car Wrecker Gully is another one that didn't make it on the maps. I think it's Pavilion Creek, between the Fraser and what's left of the General Store, but still want to track down Carl to confirm.

Names of people who's maps were returned (or I don't have their address):

John Kamencik, Dave Sulina, Jeff Rabinovitch, Steve Pakulak, Kathy Banks, K. Grunenberg, Ron George, Stephen Berard, Lisa Rae, Isabel Budke and Nicole Acerra.

Edited by LYleK

• 2 weeks later...