the weekend chestbeat thread

gapertimmy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more of a social weekend than anything so no rights to chestbeating here...

but did do a really nice hike up Dickerman on Saturday with an ex-climbing-partner, now-mom-of-2.

views were rockband.gif

summit is at ~5200' and the snow was only ankle-deep in most places hellno3d.gif

then walked into the big4 ice caves. great waterfalls coming down the mountain, but man

where's the frickin ice!?!?!

fun part was that i swear it was well into the lower 60's on the lower part of dickerman ---

i would've been happy to have on shorts and a t-shirt and sat in the sun ---

but it was below freezing in the valley. amazing inversion!

hope everyone had a good one!

Had a great weekend climbing with Iain at Smith and got to meet some other fellow cc.comer's like TLG, J-Dog, SEF, and others. Froze on Saturday night in the grasslands, but enjoyed the high 50's sunshine during the day! Got spanked on Heresy -hardest lead to date, but will be back on it soon now that I know the moves! All in all, an excellent Fall weekend of clipping bolts.

Thanks. Uli won it in 2:26. I see him running along the water front at lunch time when I run.

yah, i work with uli and he's a running machine.

we went on a field experiment together and he just basically ran and ate all day!

he'd go for like a 10 mile run, then come back to the apartment and have a bit to eat,

then we'd go out for like a 4-6 mile run together, then he'd rest for a little while and

head out running again shocked.gif

this man lives to run...

last year he won the seattle, vancouver AND portland marathons...

and in the middle of all this he's getting his PhD...

talk about having something to chestbeat about!

On the Upper Town Wall yesterday I had the thrill of watching my static line slowly fray over an edge as I did a free hanging jug up it. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif By the time I got past the damage, the sheath was half gone and the core was just starting to go.

Talk about a near-life experience! I was feeling pretty damn alive after that was all over. cantfocus.gif <--- me

Took a nap on Sahale Arm getting in shape for winter, if it ever comes...

The patches of heather on the west side of all those small clusters of trees are really nice, protected from the wind coming over the pass from the east and nicely exposed to the sun over Jberg. I think I even got a little sunburnt grin.gif